• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Why not get the non-safety version, swap the trigger and sights, and sell the now stock safety model shield??? You'll be out $50 max. And you won't have to worry about that stupid safety.

I do sweep it since I usually shoot a 1911. I find it hard to believe that it's not easily defeatable. I would not think S&W reinvented the wheel to eliminate it.

But I am leaning towards what you suggest. Just keep it and move on. I'm still on the hunt for a high capacity option, lol.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Do it.

DO IT.

DOOOOO ITTTTT!

Does that help?

I'm always amazed at the level of helpfulness INGO can bring to bear... :):

I know, right. :) The more I think about it, I have never had the safety turn itself on. It actually takes a little effort to push that tab up. I'll mess around with it tonight when I get home. If I have even a tinge of concern, I'll hit the "Order now" button.

If I wasn't already thinking of buying a Glock or a new Sig, I'd do it.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I know, right. :) The more I think about it, I have never had the safety turn itself on. It actually takes a little effort to push that tab up. I'll mess around with it tonight when I get home. If I have even a tinge of concern, I'll hit the "Order now" button.

If I wasn't already thinking of buying a Glock or a new Sig, I'd do it.

I have a Shield. I bought it before they came out with the non-safety version. I keep the safety off but I've kinda gotten used to flipping my thumb up on the safety.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a Shield. I bought it before they came out with the non-safety version. I keep the safety off but I've kinda gotten used to flipping my thumb up on the safety.

So I played around with it tonight. It takes a deliberate effort to engage the safety and sweeps off easily. I even tried to rub it against my holster and leg to get it to move. It didn't.

I'm going to keep it. It is set up nicely and I have the utmost confidence in it working well.

Now, post up a great deal(sub $500) on a gen4 G17 and I will pull the trigger on that!

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Yea....different...but in a good way to me anyway !!

Seems like it checks most of the boxes for a EDC 1911 except maybe nightsights.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Saw an ad for Point Blank. Glocks will be on sale this weekend. They say call for price but said can't release price til Fri and that they don't even have the price yet.

I think last time I was there a 42 was 399, 43 was 499, and I think a 19 was 549. Im curious what the sale prices will be.

gtl1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    42 $379
    43 $419
    19 $529

Saw an ad for Point Blank. Glocks will be on sale this weekend. They say call for price but said can't release price til Fri and that they don't even have the price yet.

I think last time I was there a 42 was 399, 43 was 499, and I think a 19 was 549. Im curious what the sale prices will be.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Canik TP9SF for $319, free shipping, no credit card fee, ships within 1 day, http://www.centerfireguns.com . I've had good service from them and usually pick up the gun from an FFL within 3 days (assuming they already have your FFL's license on file). I can't decide about this gun but is as low a price as I've seen.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom