• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Im in the PPQ club as well. It's my EDC. It's the perfect carry gun for me. Freaking love that handgun. Carry it in a JM Kydex rig.

And I have a Cajunized CZ as well. If you like the PPQ, go for the CZ. The trigger feels like a refined PPQ trigger to me. Like a nice light and smooth 2 stage.

I like my 1911s and my Glocks. I also think the Walther PPQ is a good gun but nobody wants to join my fan club. I haven't went down the CZ road yet because people already accuse me of being a snob.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Im in the PPQ club as well. It's my EDC. It's the perfect carry gun for me. Freaking love that handgun. Carry it in a JM Kydex rig.

And I have a Cajunized CZ as well. If you like the PPQ, go for the CZ. The trigger feels like a refined PPQ trigger to me. Like a nice light and smooth 2 stage.

Nope going to resist the CZs. Right now I'm loading up on polymer while its cheap.

Edit: OP my statement above does not apply to you. You must buy a 1911. If you like guns, love your country and pee standing up it a requirement to own a 1911. You like America right? :ingo:

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    Buy a 9mm conversion barrel for the Glock 23! Shoot cheap lead 9mm reloads on the range. Carry 40 in the gun for serious business.

Go buy yourself a 5" Springfield Range Officer in your choice of 45 acp or 9mm. Or a Ruger SR1911. New gun, barrel, and dies less then $1000. Enjoy.

This^^^^ I have a 23 and love it. Shoots well and carries easy IWB. I want to add a range officer to my collection at some point.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    The benefit of going with a Glock 19 is that your investment in holsters for the Glock 23 carries over to the new gun. The downside is that it's the same gun, just in a different caliber. Like Vert said, get a conversion barrel and a couple of mags instead of the whole gun. For the 1911, I'd go Springfield from the ones you mentioned. If you decide to go with a 9mm instead of the .45, then go CZ instead of the G19. I have both and the G19 is a great gun, but you already have the better choice in the G23. The CZ is the best choice out there for 9mm in my opinion. I like to keep my 9mms to the CZ family, .40 to Glocks and .45 in the 1911 family. All of those really work well.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    A .45 alternative to the 1911 is the Sig P220. Here is what I would take" to a barbecue...

P220-EQUINOX-detail-R.jpg

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    CZ75 of any variant for 9mm. Springer RO for .45 work. Do yourself a favor and get both. ;) Could also go the CZ P07 or P09 route if you want polymer. Avoid Glocks, they have no soul. :popcorn:

Oh and :koolaid: come join the cool kids club!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The benefit of going with a Glock 19 is that your investment in holsters for the Glock 23 carries over to the new gun. The downside is that it's the same gun, just in a different caliber. Like Vert said, get a conversion barrel and a couple of mags instead of the whole gun. For the 1911, I'd go Springfield from the ones you mentioned. If you decide to go with a 9mm instead of the .45, then go CZ instead of the G19. I have both and the G19 is a great gun, but you already have the better choice in the G23. The CZ is the best choice out there for 9mm in my opinion. I like to keep my 9mms to the CZ family, .40 to Glocks and .45 in the 1911 family. All of those really work well.

I have a CZ 40P and a 40B.....one has the hands of the wizard in it and cajun parts. Both are serious shooters.

gotguns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I know what I said earlier and still stand by a Glock, but the CZ route is good too. I have a CZ75 SP01 that I love and compete with, for the money it would be a good option. A P01 or a CZ75B compact would be sweet too for a carry piece.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Glock 19 is a great choice.
    if you get a 1911, go Springfield especially if you want to upgrade it someday.
    CZ75 P01 or a 75 compact would also be a great choice.
    I would also add the Walther PPQ to your list.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    Since my first handgun purchase has been awhile back it is time to buy a new one. The tough part is deciding what to get. I will be doing reloading for whatever I buy and have already acquired some materials for 45acp (Clays & LP Primers). Would like to keep the cost below $1000 as I just bought a newer truck. Here are my choices, in no particular order, but I am open to any and all suggestions:

1. Glock 19 or Glock 43. I've shot a 23 and a 42 so the size difference is irrelevant. Switching to 9mm just to have and easy to mass produce reloads.

2. 1911 in 45acp. Kimber, Springfield, CZ, Ruger they are all awesome looking so help me out!

3. CZ75 Compact or Full Size. The amount of good reviews and the looks of a nice handgun is hard to turn down.

If anyone can help please go ahead and take the time to tell me what to do! I don't CC that much as work doesn't allow, so mainly I would be target shooting with it. Lastly I am just trying to expand my firearm arsenal because you can never have enough!

19, or better yet, a 29
    springfield RO
    CZ75 or P320 full size in .45

whiteoak

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2015
    In The Whiteoaks
    I like the Glock 19 for everyone but me, I recommended them in my shop a lot. It just does not fit my hand well, the 17 works for me fine? my small mitts like the Kahr line better for a CCW. JMHO

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I like my 1911s and my Glocks. I also think the Walther PPQ is a good gun but nobody wants to join my fan club. I haven't went down the CZ road yet because people already accuse me of being a snob.

OP I don't know where your are at in Southern IN but I reload a pile of 9mm and 45 acp to feed through 1911s. Clays under a 200 grain LSWC is pretty hard to beat.

I am going to try, CZ, soon, I hope, and next year, if I have a little money, I hope to add a CZ75B .....

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    You can save some money by going with the Omega version. It has a simplified trigger system, and since llh and BA like it, I'm sold on it. It's cheaper to Cajunize (although my understanding is there is no reach reduction kit for it if that matters to you), and up front cost of the base pistol is cheaper as well. All reports post Cajunizing I've read have been very positive. My next CZ will be an Omega.

I am going to try, CZ, soon, I hope, and next year, if I have a little money, I hope to add a CZ75B .....

Top Bottom