• ...and so much more!
  • yes or no?

• Total voters

EddieV

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    For what it's worth...the one i posted a while back was very helpful to me,being a relative noob, in making a purchase decision. And I kind of enjoy reading them too.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I know what you are talking about. A member started about a bazillion of them the other day. It was kind of an annoyance at the start, but I'm not seeing them as much now. I guess if someone was doing it all the time, we could regulate via peer pressure.

jpo117

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    I kind of enjoy reading them, but I don't necessarily enjoy seeing a dozen taking up the first page of the handgun forum. Maybe a subforum for that sort of thing could be nice.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    For what it's worth...the one i posted a while back was very helpful to me,being a relative noob, in making a purchase decision. And I kind of enjoy reading them too.
    and thats why i put them up. so as less experianced gun owners could come on this site and see something other than Glock love/1911 love. i think its fair to give the other brands a shot. and i will continue the vs battle till the end, no matter how many people complain. If all i have done is help one person, then all the flak is worth it.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My only complaint is that they couldn't be more vague. Are we talking about which one we want for a range queen, competitions, daily carry, SHTF or what? The questions get asked and the response is a typical "well just pick one" that begs the question "For what?". The reasons that people buy guns are so different that it's almost like these questions could been broken down further. For example, "Poll on PT92 vs PT1911 for SHTF", "Poll on keltec 22mag vs ________ for Home Protection", "Poll on G19 vs XD for Daily Carry". Some kind of boundaries would have helped the polls across the board, otherwise it's just beating the same dead horses that we usually do, but this time they have a poll attached.

It was a nice project with the best of intentions but if it would have been a little more clear from the start it could have really been a interesting little study. At this point I just don't think it's worked out the way it was intended. Hense this poll on whether or not people are annoyed by all the other polls. Such a vicious cycle of polling.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    My only complaint is that they couldn't be more vague. Are we talking about which one we want for a range queen, competitions, daily carry, SHTF or what? The questions get asked and the response is a typical "well just pick one" that begs the question "For what?". The reasons that people buy guns are so different that it's almost like these questions could been broken down further. For example, "Poll on PT92 vs PT1911 for SHTF", "Poll on keltec 22mag vs ________ for Home Protection", "Poll on G19 vs XD for Daily Carry". Some kind of boundaries would have helped the polls across the board, otherwise it's just beating the same dead horses that we usually do, but this time they have a poll attached.

It was a nice project with the best of intentions but if it would have been a little more clear from the start it could have really been a interesting little study. At this point I just don't think it's worked out the way it was intended. Hense this poll on whether or not people are annoyed by all the other polls. Such a vicious cycle of polling.
    i did not want to get to specific, just which one is your pick for all around gun. some of the polls were originally even less specific. i added stuff like glock 17 instead of just glock. your opinions on the handguns good or bad is what i wanted everybody to hear. that way more people are willing to go and research brands and models they have never heard of. Round 2 is where i want people to get picky. price, design, weight, and reliablity, because round 2 will end up with alot of handguns that would not normally be pitted against each other. Colt 1860 vs kimber as an example. round 1 is purely your favorite out of the two. i did not explain this on each poll because i knew that there would be alot of them.
    that number will be reduced by 50% in round 2.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I see what you're getting at and I think it's a pretty good idea. Basically you're making playoff brackets for pistols. Round one 100 teams, round two 50 teams, round three 25 teams, etc. I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's going to get hard to reshape the focus of the choices in round 2 where you'll see a lot guys saying that if they'd have known the new conditions of the choice they would have went the other way instead. It's the kinds of problems that people run into with surveys.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I voted no just because they ate cluttering up my INGO feed. But that's just for my convenience. Far as I'm concerned members can post whatever posts they want, within Fenway's rules...I just skip those.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    The side by side comparison reviews that compare and contrast the details, very helpful and interesting to read, for me at lest. The should I guy a Chevy or a Ford threads, grow old quick because of the tendency to have poor signal to noise ratios, so even when there are good nuggets of info, they can be hard to find and locate.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I see what you're getting at and I think it's a pretty good idea. Basically you're making playoff brackets for pistols. Round one 100 teams, round two 50 teams, round three 25 teams, etc. I don't think it's a bad idea, but it's going to get hard to reshape the focus of the choices in round 2 where you'll see a lot guys saying that if they'd have known the new conditions of the choice they would have went the other way instead. It's the kinds of problems that people run into with surveys.
    thats why i will not start counting results until march 1st

Top Bottom