Harry Reid’s name surfaces in Utah bribery case against two ex-attorneys general

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Well there....color me not surprised. I think if we knew even 1% of the ***t that goes on behind closed doors in D.C. most Americans would be truly shocked.
    Then again, maybe not.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    As much as it wouldn't surprise me to see Reid involved in something shady, there doesn't seem to be much evidence that he was. Someone claimed to have been able to arrange a meeting. A meeting that wasn't initiated by Reid and for which there is no evidence that it ever happened. This particular someone didn't even necessarily have to know Reid. He just wanted paid for the act of making the meeting happen.

Whatever transgressions the former AGs are guilty of, it looks like Reid managed to maintain a clean image through this one. Either he really is just a pawn or he is very, very good at keeping illegal activity at arm's length. (But considering that Hatch was approached in the same manner, I'm going with the former, based on the currently available information.)

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    As much as it wouldn't surprise me to see Reid involved in something shady, there doesn't seem to be much evidence that he was. Someone claimed to have been able to arrange a meeting. A meeting that wasn't initiated by Reid and for which there is no evidence that it ever happened. This particular someone didn't even necessarily have to know Reid. He just wanted paid for the act of making the meeting happen.

Whatever transgressions the former AGs are guilty of, it looks like Reid managed to maintain a clean image through this one. Either he really is just a pawn or he is very, very good at keeping illegal activity at arm's length. (But considering that Hatch was approached in the same manner, I'm going with the former, based on the currently available information.)

Pretty much. Anybody who's remotely close to him that gets investigated could drop his name, doesn't mean much unless you can prove it.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I think most INGO'ers would love to see something stick to 'Dirty' Harry Reid. His illicit deeds were pretty common knowledge in the Vegas area.

Whether anyone can tar the scumbag with anything might be a different matter. Then again, sooner or later they got Capone and Gotti, so anything's possible.

Top Bottom