Has ammo come back to reasonable pricing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBultra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    I bought a 50rnd box of UMC .45 for $24 from Whittakers...Don't think ammo prices have fallen much lol!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My standard for pricing target ammo is:

http://www.precisioncartridge.com/R...on-Commercial-Wholesale-Price-List-Page-1.pdf

Yes, you have to buy by the case and its not conveniently located but if you are ever on a trip to Chicago or northern Indiana, just call ahead a day or two, talk to Dennis the owner, bring cash and he'll take care of you. Given the quality of PC's reloads, there is no reason to pay more for new. His JHPs are a real bargain and look just as good, but I haven't tried them yet so can't speak for them. But, wouldn't it be nice to be able to practice with JHP again?

Thanks, I'll check it out!

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Just more plinking ammo. Like the 100WWB in 9mm at walmart. Seems about the cheapest price. I never can find it in my walmart.

Most of the Wally Marts I've checked stock their ammo between 7AM and 8AM. I usually call around then to see if they have 9mm. Usually one day out of the week they have some inventory. Some times it takes two weeks.

rfguy1984

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Mishawaka
    I believe that the ammo prices will start declining over the next few months, but when Obamas massive "stimulus" spending really kicks in we will see massive inflation. This inflation will casue the prices of everything to go up...including ammo.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I believe that the ammo prices will start declining over the next few months, but when Obamas massive "stimulus" spending really kicks in we will see massive inflation. This inflation will casue the prices of everything to go up...including ammo.
    I agree with you. If you're an investor take a look at TBT.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    People people people!!!!

I'm not asking if it's come back down to Pre-Campaigning levels. I mean since ammo spiked 200% in price! Remember when 9mm FMJ was averaging $35 per 50???

I remember seein Black Talon ammo going for $7 PER ROUND at the 1500. I seen a box of 25 selling for $75!!!

After checking pricing all over I've come to the conclusion that ammo HAS come back down and is becoming more readily available.

PSS still has a one box limit, but most places are going back to normal.

If you think ammo prices will go back to the way they were a year-two years ago you can forget it. It's not going to happen.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    Met a guy that works at the Winchester ammo plant near St Louis. He said they are working 24/7 and can't keep up.

Top Bottom