Has Anyone Else Slowed Down On Their Preps????

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    Same same, if not picking up a little, stocked up more on reloading stuff too, plus new acquisitions that further my outer most ring of defense. Some new comms equipment and a few new gadgets and more work on the hauler. Maintenance on the vehciles is the next big annual thing..

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    I wouldn't say "slowed down", as I've been in the mindset for many years and it just comes naturally to throw a few extra things in the cart most of the time when shopping. I think my focus is "changing" a little bit to different potential scenarios that could occur (with weather and natural disasters always being #1).

I will say that with the election over, some of my concerns about what may happen with some types of firearms has abated and I'm not worried about having to make some major purchases prior to January 20th. However, things like double checking where investments currently reside in the 401k (domestic versus international), precious metals holding evaluation, and things like that are subjects the wife and I have recently talked more about.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    For most things, no. Lots of reasons to prep the do not depend on the Feds at all.

For some, as mastery mentions, yeah, we are re-evaluating. Not slowing down, but changing the approach. Likely move some investments around, for instance.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We re-arranged some things after Christmas. I found space in one of the sheds and all the Holiday stuff is now out there. Opened up some very nice water storage space. Now we have to fill it.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    With the outcome of this election, one of two things is going to happen: Hard Times are going to come sooner than they were; or they will take a little longer. Either way, the reasons to be prepared have not changed. Nor will they ever.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I was just telling my friend the other day, this next 4 or 8 years that we have more 2nd amendment freedom, I'm going to hit buying up hard!!! Not just guns and ammo to own. But everything else that goes with self sustainability. Because I'm looking or planning on having 4 years to freely prepare for the evil empire to regain control and once again oppress us and the next time they might actualy start knocking on doors. It will come and we will be prepared.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    The election changes nothing. I prep the same as I have since 1989. 2017 is no different. I have people to take care of. I need to be hard to kill. Period. The mission continues.

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    We've been prepping for 25+ years (actually, I'm a second-generation survivalist), so our preps are pretty much plateau'd.

The only thing that changed for me was to raise the chance that the next Big Thing would be Socio-Political in nature. I fully expected Mrs. C to get elected. For me, this meant that any social upheavals would most likely take place in the 2nd half of her term of office (once she's had a chance to write, enact and enforce her batch of laws/reforms).

Now, with Trump in, I've moved that timetable a bit forward. I don't expect the liberal hanky-twisters to be as patient as conservatives and the like. Trump's not even taken over the office and you have liberals saying stuff like ". . .we'll make the NRA sorry they fought for OUR gun rights. . ." possibly insinuating that they will take up arms against their government.

Pllus, we know with the low impulse control that liberal militants have shown in our own country's history, collateral damage will not only be expected, but celebrated. The real question is who, or what, will be the targets? Will the Liberal Militants limit themselves to government targets, or will they go after anything conservative including the Grand Old Party's Octagenarian Sewing Circle?

They're just the bright batch of low-wattage incandescents who would target a gun shop or a gun range to make a statement.

But changing the speed of our preps? No, not really.

The Professor

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Running out of space for food and water supply. started excavating part of crawl space off of basement for water barrel storage. Still focusing on reloading supplies. Catching sales on some items and more focus on medical supplies. Looking at more natural remedies too.

tooleman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    One thing I feel like we as "preppers" over look is skill sets. We buy up on canned veggies but don't know how to raise a garden. We have all this ammo and firearms but have never taken a defense class. If you feel like your storages and supplies are well stocked maybe it's time to put some stock in skill you might not have that would serve you well if something did happen...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have started eating and not replacing some stuff. I have been buying some of that 25 year stuff to put away. I am at a stage in life where I don't have the time or inclination to spend time on rotating stuff.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    I have definitely slowed down post-election but now is not the time to be complacent.

It is my opinion that now is the time to accelerate. There will be a swing from the 'other' side since 'they' lost. A perceived victory on our part makes times maybe a little more dire, not less.

If you have the means, now is the time to go a little further down the rule of 3's, to a new level you'd maybe not achieved before.

Top Bottom