Has anyone had to use their HD gun or EDC?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    Has anyone had to use their HD or EDC guns, and care to share the story? This includes drawing down without discharging the weapon. These stories are usually covered up by mainstream media, and never get the publicity that they deserve.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Has anyone had to use their HD or EDC guns, and care to share the story? This includes drawing down without discharging the weapon. These stories are usually covered up by mainstream media, and never get the publicity that they deserve.

I had to pull mine once.....will not say anything further because of my name and location.....and who may read this forum. Thankfully I didn't have to fire.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Not me but my dad did to protect me.

We were going to a Los Angeles post office to get my passport since I was leaving the country in a few months to my next duty station. A bum was asking people on the sidewalk for change. I had just stepped out of the car in the parking lot. The bum came at me and was in melee range when dad pulled his 9mm out. I stepped back since I didn't know what he was doing. The bum backed off and went back to the sidewalk. I think he was trying to wash the windows or something but there is no way I wanted him near me, especially charging off the sidewalk. Like most of the homeless in LA, I have no doubt he had a shank or worse.

My dad was off-duty and this not something that gets much attention to LAPD.

hANNAbONE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Not me but my dad did to protect me.

We were going to a Los Angeles post office to get my passport since I was leaving the country in a few months to my next duty station. A bum was asking people on the sidewalk for change. I had just stepped out of the car in the parking lot. The bum came at me and was in melee range when dad pulled his 9mm out. I stepped back since I didn't know what he was doing. The bum backed off and went back to the sidewalk. I think he was trying to wash the windows or something but there is no way I wanted him near me, especially charging off the sidewalk. Like most of the homeless in LA, I have no doubt he had a shank or worse.

My dad was off-duty and this not something that gets much attention to LAPD.

That's quite a story Wabbit. I haven't traveled enough in the big city
    To ever have anything like that happen.
    Perhaps that's why I don't travel there. :-)
    Thanks for sharing that.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    These threads pop up from time to time, for many it's a private matter they generally would discuss with people close to them. I know I wouldn't post if I had, but thankfully I have not.

elpenguin0717

Marksman
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jan 31, 2011
    indy
    Iv had to draw my weapon and intended to shoot but I reached for it and had it halfway raised as I hear him scream he's got a gun and bolts off well the story goes I was driving home late at night And some guy didn't like how fast I wasn't going? So he rams my car in the rear at first Im thinkin darn I just got in a accident so I pull over and he pulls over too. I get out and then he gets out furious. Yelling at me cussing at me and starts charging toward me So that's when I reached for my gun as people have been killed in road rage before so in my head I planned on making it home that night but as soon as see saw he screamed ran back to his car called the cops I just stooded there watching him and waited for the police they came I explained and I didn't get into any sort of trouble he went to jail for dui and I got my car fixed lol

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    a few times actually..(aside from active duty)....once coming home to a friends house to his back door opened...knowing that his roomate(brother in law) was having issues with someone for something (idk what) and that his little nieces were going to be there any minute...I handed him my secondary and we proceeded to clear the house...nothing happened/found out of place

second time it was a very odd hour (late night/early morning I don't remember) and I had a friend living with me at the time...I wasn't expecting him home and I hear the door jossle open in an odd fashion and I was merely around a wall which directly faces the door and I stepped around the corner with weapon ready, but when he came through the door and saw me he stopped in his tracks with a dumb-founded look on his face and dropped a pie he was carrying (quite hilarious reaction after the fact, lol) I withdrew my weapon as soon as I was able to see/ID him.....there had recently been a lot of un-identified footprints circling my home in the snow...and I wasn't gonna take a chance

when I was younger, I was awakened by my mother in the other room ( I didn't know which one at the time, my door was shut) who screamed "Don't touch me like that" and was obviously distraught/upset...it startled me awake and so not knowing what was going on I grabbed my SKS and proceeded into the hall...all I could see was a man's shadow just inside her bedroom door and so I took aim until I could ID, then he saw me and began coming towards me (like an idiot)..luckily for him I noticed my mother stand up directly behind him and start chasing him, so I wasn't about to shoot him with FMJ and hit my mother....she grabbed him and threw him out...I didn't know what was going on and didn't care at that point, he wasn't coming back

I think there's another one or two, but these are the ones I really remember/stand out......no shooting involved but weapons were drawn in civilian occurrences

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    There has been a couple of times when I have decided exactly where I was going to put a bullet into the body of a possible perp. When I advised them of my plan, they each decided to move on. Cursing all the way, but that never hurt anybody.

They never saw my gun in my hand. It is called verbal judo....No reports, no witnesses.

Screwum.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    First time i was sleeping, and i heard my bedroom window being opened from the outside. I slept with a 1911 by my head as i lived in a bad area at the time. I took the safety off as i slept under the window, and waited to see what was going on. A person i didn't know started to crawl through the window, and i slammed the muzzle into his forehead, he dropped back out of the window, and him and his friends took off. I did manage to hear him say i **** myself, he was gonna kill me.
    The last time was i was sleeping when my ex wife woke me, and said someone is in the house. We could here someone walking through the house, and i had my 1911 again, so when he got to my bedroom door, i opened the door, slammed the muzzle against his head and yelled freeze. Lucky for my exes son i have good reflexes, i pulled the trigger, as i did i noticed who it was, i caught the hammer just in time, and i'm not even sure how.
    I hope that it never happens again, but i will do what it takes to protect my family.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    You probably won't find many LEOs responding to this. It is not that they are afraid what others may think. I don't know of any who really want to discharge their weapon. I don't for sure. It's bad enough that we pull them out on duty, and will to protect ourselves and others. You will find the vast majority are not an officer for "the rush". They are here to actually wnat to help others.

Yes, I have pulled mine and fired in self defense. Looking back, I'm not happy about it but it had to be done.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have drawn down on three people, all while working. First time was a physical fight turned deadly with a fork (yes, a fork). Second with an ice pick. Third with a knife. I have yet to need my EDC but it'll be there if I do.

Top Bottom