• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikebass78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    USA
    across the gun forums/boards I frequent, I see A few for sale...

And most say taken to range once, and now selling...

Question is. has anyone had functionality issues?

I don't want to try one and have it posted right back up for sale..

I imagine, you burn through ammo, but other than that any personal experience reviews?

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    The couple I have fired have been fine function wise. The novelty just wears off really quick as soon as you realize how much it costs every mag dump.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I have one. A little sanding here, a little polishing there and it runs like a champ. My problem is I have no place to shoot it so it doesn't get used much at all.

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    I have friend that brought one over to my range a couple weeks ago.
    It worked as advertised the first time i used it. Thinking of getting one
    for a 9mm AR just for fun.

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    One of these days, I plan on building a BUMPSAW. But it is a ways down the list of other things I want to build first.

mikebass78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    USA
    The couple I have fired have been fine function wise. The novelty just wears off really quick as soon as you realize how much it costs every mag dump.

Yeah,noticed that as I was pricing brass 55gr vs the cheap stuff....37 cents a round for brass...WOW...might just need an AK Upper instead...or just shoot more 22...

mikebass78

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    USA
    I thought as long as it's a milspec AR, then it should....been looking around lately...I've seen 9mm and 2235/556 only...

will a 22,have enough kick, to make it "slide" ?

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Little brother had one for a while. Three round burst on tgt was easily doable. And RPM was indistinguishable from a friends full auto by the sound. We didn't time mag dumps or get real technical but just listening you couldn't tell them apart.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I had one a while back. Worked so well the old farts from the club came over in their golf cart. "You can't shoot full auto here because you're not LE." I informed them I wasn't shooting full auto and they said it didn't matter because rapid fire was for LE only. I asked why LE had special rules and they said something to the effect of .... I stopped listening at that point and decided I wasn't going to renew my membership.

So, as others have said, SlideFire works as advertised. As they've also said, the novelty wears off pretty quickly though I'll have to disagree on mag dumps being so expensive. Wolf/Tula shoots just fine too. $7.50 mag dumps aren't really all that costly when the old farts only let you shoot one or two before they get all Top Flight Security on ya.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had one a while back. Worked so well the old farts from the club came over in their golf cart. "You can't shoot full auto here because you're not LE." I informed them I wasn't shooting full auto and they said it didn't matter because rapid fire was for LE only. I asked why LE had special rules and they said something to the effect of .... I stopped listening at that point and decided I wasn't going to renew my membership.

So, as others have said, SlideFire works as advertised. As they've also said, the novelty wears off pretty quickly though I'll have to disagree on mag dumps being so expensive. Wolf/Tula shoots just fine too. $7.50 mag dumps aren't really all that costly when the old farts only let you shoot one or two before they get all Top Flight Security on ya.

It's expensive If youre trying to draw pictures or write your name.

Top Bottom