• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    We use about 100,000 rounds of it a summer at the scout camp I worked at, but I've shot only perhaps a box through a Mark III, everything else has been a bolt gun. There was a guy running it at an Appleseed I went to, and he seemed to have little to no problems. I have heard (maybe on RF Central?) that after putting a few down the pipe, consistency improves, since the bullet coating is building on the barrel.

All that being said, if you can get the stuff to run in your gun, the ammo (espeially the lower velocity target) is top notch.

What type of gun are we talking here?

ETA: Google is your friend...
    I don't know about the more expensive one; but I got the "SVSE" and it shoots GREAT through my 10/22. When I take the kids to the range, I shoot the Garands and they shoot the 10/22. They can cut the 10 ring out of a pistol target at 50 yds with that stuff. It's much better than the bulk Remington or Federal that you get at Wally World; but it's only a little bit more expensive when you break it all down. The only thing about it--that has NOTHING to do with accuracy or reliability or anything--is that it smells funny when you shoot it!
    icon_smile_big.gif
    It doesn't smell like regular gunpowder smoke. I thought it was just me; but the kids noticed it, too. Hahaha! But it's good accuracy, great reliability, and a great price. If you're shooting matches, there may be better stuff; but I'd say the SVSE is great for anything else, including pistol target shooting. JMO, hope it helps.

EDIT: The 10/22 I've got is just a stock 10/22, not a target model or anything.

Jerry
    USMC 0311 1984-90
    NRA Life Member

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    It is good ammo for general purpose use. It is more than enough powerful to cycle any semi-auto rifle or pistol.

It just is not "match quality" if you are shooting in serious smallbore competition.

Plenty good enough for Appleseed or shootin squirrels and such.......

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    This is available through the CMP? I need to join the RWVA and send my paperwork in. What sorta price do they have on this? And I've heard that the CMP is like 9mo. behind or something like that? Defiantely a worthy cause.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    This is available through the CMP? I need to join the RWVA and send my paperwork in. What sorta price do they have on this? And I've heard that the CMP is like 9mo. behind or something like that? Defiantely a worthy cause.

You might also consider joing the Indiana State Rifle and Pistol Association, Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association - Home , to be able to purchase from the CMP.

They are running 120 to 180 days behind on ammo. Here is the link for the ammo: Ammunition Sales

jbhummer2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    north central IN
    Just an update on this ammo. It does not work in a GSG5 it fires and cycles but does not reset the firing pin. so just some FYI. I would work well in a bolt gun.

resdep

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    22 ammo

I bought a case and use it in a 10-22, Browning Buck Mark, AR-15 with a conversion and it works great.

dascollector

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    A friend who is a serious service rifle competitor buys this to use in his .22 upper for practice. It is some of the most accurate .22 that either of us has shot, with far more consistent results than anything in its price range, particularly at 100 yards where you really start to notice the little differences. It also has a far, far lower misfire rate than anything else we've tried.

It works well in everything we've tried it in - ranging from Ruger Mk II's and III's to 10/22's and dedicated .22 AR uppers.

Top Bottom