• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    Is anyone else getting non gun related adds on INGO or can I assume my browser has been hi-jacked. I'm seeing adds I have never seen before. Or mabye they have always been there and I never noticed?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    You should only be seeing 2 ads on any page-- upper right corner (INGO Advertisers) and centered below the "tabs" at the top (Tactical Republic).

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Ones I've seen just now... The usuals

XD-m
    lucky gunner
    brownells
    loaded M1a

(this is the only site where my ad-block is disabled.)

Jaredjosh

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2009
    Indy
    I had a 1and1.com add and a Dominos Pizza add when I first came to INGO. And earlier I had one for insurance and another for something to do with babies. I just never recalled seeing adds like this on INGO. Thanks for the quick replies guys. INGO people rock.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I had a 1and1.com add and a Dominos Pizza add when I first came to INGO. And earlier I had one for insurance and another for something to do with babies. I just never recalled seeing adds like this on INGO. Thanks for the quick replies guys. INGO people rock.

That's defiantly not right.

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Ive been having a lot of random words in posts that show up as links. When I hover the mouse over them a little box pops up with differnet ads of some sort. Ive been wondering if anyone else was seeing this.

For example: right now, in K_Watson's post on the top of this page, where it says "Join Date", the word "Join" is highlighted as a link, and when I hover over it, an ad pops up for "eFile your taxes for free"

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    At the risk of angering NiceGuy for not volunteering to personally come to your house and clean your computer for you, I can tell you that it's your computer. INGO has no code that will highlight words and offer popups on mouseover. Also, our current ad service is Tactical Republic, which does serve targeted ads, but as far as I know they're all gun and outdoor related. I don't believe any of them are for 1&1, Kroger, etc.

The symptoms described suggest that you have either a virus/spyware on your computer, an ad plugin of some sort, or else your ISP is using deep-packet inspection to do targeted ad replacement (yes, that really does happen).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Also, our current ad service is Tactical Republic, which does serve targeted ads, but as far as I know they're all gun and outdoor related. I don't believe any of them are for 1&1, Kroger, etc.

FYI as of about 30 minutes ago, the banner ads were switched to a new company, lijit.com, so my previous statement about gun-related ads may no longer be true. At the time I mentioned it, TR was our ad server.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I have gotten hit with a rash of no gun related ads in the last 20 minutes.

Rouge-ads.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom