• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Already have the .308 Garand. Totally worth it. Recently got a PSL to use up the 7.62x54r and reasons.
    I got rid of my PSL, it couldn't hit the floor with it's hat. It was brand new and shipped from the factory and you would think you couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle when you shot the thing. I hope you have better luck than I did, I haven't shot any others for comparison nor did I want to. This was way back when you could get a new one for less than $700 and it wasn't worth it...

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    Yep....always wanted a .357 lever gun...should have scratched that itch years ago but just never did....with prices what they are now, guess I better stock up on calamine lotion instead...
    Yes. I WANT a Henry Big Boy Steel Side Gate Carbine in 357 but so far have resisted. A little encouragement from anybody with any kind of justification would probably push me over the edge to make the purchase!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes. I WANT a Henry Big Boy Steel Side Gate Carbine in 357 but so far have resisted. A little encouragement from anybody with any kind of justification would probably push me over the edge to make the purchase!
    ci5naWY.gif

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    My 1873, and 1892 Winchester’s are both chambered in 32-20. It was the .38/.357 of its day.
    Pre Covid, I could get a box of 50 for about $30.

A month or so ago, I picked up a couple hundred rounds for around $2 a round and thought I stole them.

I’ll never sell either one, but they don’t get shot like they should.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    Yes. I want a 338 lapua very much but have no reason to own it as I don't shoot anywhere even close to the distances it should get.

Still gonna buy one. Might settle for the slightly lesser 300 win mag though.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    My 1873, and 1892 Winchester’s are both chambered in 32-20. It was the .38/.357 of its day.
    Pre Covid, I could get a box of 50 for about $30.

A month or so ago, I picked up a couple hundred rounds for around $2 a round and thought I stole them.

I’ll never sell either one, but they don’t get shot like they should.

Like I mentioned in my original thread. The ammo is CRAZY expensive The ammo 32 Winchester Special (WS) for the rifle I want (Winchester 94 pre-64, pre-WWII) is averaging $85.00 for 20 rounds.:nailbite:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Shiloh Sharps. I had a Navy Arms replica for a little while, and seldom shot it. In reality a "real" Sharps would be a safe queen, but every time I see one, I think I should own it, especially with long range sights.

I was pretty lucky and got my main responsibilities done by 38, so I was able to buy, sell, or trade about anything I wanted. I even spent some time collecting while I was still shooting Rifle, Pistol and Shotgun competitively. A man can reach a point where you can walk around a gun show with 20 Benjamins in your wallet and not buy a firearm. I would have never believed it 30 years ago.

That does not mean I will not shoot yours if offered. <grin>

Top Bottom