• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashenfang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYvAxLX6OzE[/ame]

VERY SORRY. - THIS VIDEO CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE!

sorry if a dupe. found it while watching other videos. It's understandable that accidents do happen but this guy takes it to a whole new level. Firearms safety 101 would do this guy some good.

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    He draws and his finger goes to the trigger just as the gun clears his holster. 1911? Cocked and LOCKED? Lousy trigger finger awareness. Lousy use of safety. And I am not convinced that holster is a good choice for a 1911. JMO.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    He says his "finger curled around the trigger as he drew." This is undoubtedly true, but he makes it sound like it was an involuntary thing. The very first rule of safety is "keep your booger hook off the bang switch!" His finger should never have moved from its initial position until that weapon was pointed downrange.

He tells us that the draw was going badly because his thumb missed the retention release - but as soon as that happened he should have stopped what he was doing.

Kudos to him for not blaming anyone else. I don't think he goes far enough in explaining all the things that he did wrong though.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Started out with "I don't blame this on the holster or anything other than myself". Then ends with "Things just tend to happen" haha. No, stupidity tends to happen. Think he would get his ltch taken away for something like this?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Isn't this guy a Tactical Response instructor?*

Or, was that later after his AD?

*Big Tex was only through the instructor class there, he was not an instructor when he set himself on fire.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom