• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    1-3 inches of rain, with pockets of 3-5 inches tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night, on into Sunday morning.

Packing up now headed out to take the Boy Scout Troop camping, and work on the fishing and fish and wildlife conservation merit badges up at Old Ben.

With 13 boys from 11 to 15 years old, and 4 adults, 2 of which are women, and being an extremely wet, soggy, muddy outing, it's going to be an AWESOME WEEKEND! :D

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    1-3 inches of rain, with pockets of 3-5 inches tonight, tomorrow, and tomorrow night, on into Sunday morning.

Packing up now headed out to take the Boy Scout Troop camping, and work on the fishing and fish and wildlife conservation merit badges up at Old Ben.

With 13 boys from 11 to 15 years old, and 4 adults, 2 of which are women, and being an extremely wet, soggy, muddy outing, it's going to be an AWESOME WEEKEND! :D

After our annual meeting tonight I will be heading up north with my son's 5th grade class , they are having a weekend camp at camp Crosley

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Man, you GOTTA get me some pictures! I haven't been there in 12 years! Shooting range, docks, copper lake, and the dining hall all the same? What about the First Year Campers area next to the lake entrance? The COPE Course still the same?

I'm sooooo jealous. Them Amish cooks were the BEST! :D

I gotta get back down there...

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Spent last weekend at Spring Mill with our troop for the Spring Jamboree. Sat under my fly, in the rain, drank a cup of coffee, really peaceful...then the boys woke up. We had a good time, the cell phones came in handy tracking weather at 2:00 in the morning.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    Once when I was still in WSAR I was so tired that as it rained I layed out my sleeping pad, took off my boots and socks, layed down, and pulled my poncho over me and was out in like a minute.... everyone else took like an hour building their shelters....

Woke up later then everyone else since they had to tear everything down.... it has just stoped raining, put my socks and boots back on, rolled up my pad and went back to work haha.

One of the best memories I have........ I love being out in the rain.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    Man, you GOTTA get me some pictures! I haven't been there in 12 years! Shooting range, docks, copper lake, and the dining hall all the same? What about the First Year Campers area next to the lake entrance? The COPE Course still the same?

I'm sooooo jealous. Them Amish cooks were the BEST! :D

I gotta get back down there...

Didn't see this before I left, but will be up there again in 2 weeks, so I'll get some pictures then for you! There's been some improvements, for sure!

Weekend was pretty nice actually, rained alot both nights, and some minor storms, but it held off during the day. Biggest catch was a 7lb flathead, several 1-2lb bass, and a few bluegill...kids had a blast, and the adults did too! Can't beat the morning coffee at sunrise before the kids all wake up, listening to the turkeys gobble across the the lake :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Can't beat the morning coffee at sunrise before the kids all wake up, listening to the turkeys gobble across the the lake :)

I remember them days. I'd get up early with my dad and we'd sit and have coffee around the camp fire just listening to the morning sounds. Good days for sure.

I gotta get back down there. I miss it so much. Some of my best memories were made there.

Top Bottom