• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    My boy got tickets through the Scouts. My son, daughter, and I are really eexcited. ( my wife, not so much) This is our first big show. Can anyone give me any pointers? Anything is aprreciated. We have the Scout Pit Party tonight and then the event tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    If your in town early they have alot of pre show stuff so you might want to check their website for information on it. Dont carry to the dome because they can and possibly will check you for weapons. Have fun and just take it easy. Also BRING EAR PROTECTION!!! its loud in there and you will want it.

dangar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2012
    New Castle, IN
    I'm also heading over tonight with a couple of scouts and my wife for the Pit Party and again tomorrow for the competition. This is probably the fourth year with my son.

For tonight, the kids might want to bring something for autographs. Each driver will be situated in front on their trucks on the field. Some lines (Grave Digger and Maximum Destruction) will be incredibly long. We usually skip those, but are able to hit all of the others. What to have autographed? Well, they sell programs (prob $10), but my son's preference has been a cheap photo album ($2 at walmart). I'll take his picture with the driver, he'll have the driver autograph a blank page, and then later he'll be able to put the pic in the page opposite the autograph. Parking tonight shouldn't be too bad, and the crowd isn't either since it's limited to just scouts and families.

Tomorrow - much more crowded and expect to pay more for parking ($10-$15). Bring earplugs for everyone. Souvenirs are expensive just like at any other major event.

Have a great time.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Muffs > plugs. We went 2 years ago and I let my son use the heavy muffs because it was loud as hell. Bring your own, they sell them there, but they look like (and probably are) pieces of crap.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Another vote for bringing ear plugs. Beware of where you park too. I believe Indy was having a problem with people selling parking spots on property they didn't own and the vehicles were getting towed. Best to find a garage or some other legit place to park rather than trying to save a few bucks. Other than that, just go and have fun! I went a couple years ago and it was awesome.

jjordan2840

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    lafayette
    Had a good time last night. Any idea what time we should get there tonight? Will the doors be open early? anything to do if we get there early?

Top Bottom