• ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I've heard great things about Profire from an INGO'er that I've recently met and respect very much. I really have to check their place out soon.

When it comes to these things: firearms or ammo or components, I can't say that I would bother asking a Walmart employee for help and expect useful attention. Forget it if you've already bought something and have a problem with it.

I'll buy from people that back up their goods any day. That goes for anything non-firearm related, too.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I've heard great things about Profire from an INGO'er that I've recently met and respect very much. I really have to check their place out soon.

When it comes to these things: firearms or ammo or components, I can't say that I would bother asking a Walmart employee for help and expect useful attention. Forget it if you've already bought something and have a problem with it.

I'll buy from people that back up their goods any day. That goes for anything non-firearm related, too.

Profire is gtg Imo. The few times I ha e attempted to buy something from the walmart sporting goods department I was thrilled to just get an employee back there.

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011
    Andrew is the man! Try getting your reloading questions answered at Wally world. Andrew has a wealth of knowledge AND great prices.:yesway:

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    When the Walmart in (insert small town here) drives all of the LGS's out of business, and then decides to not carry guns (again), what will the OP do? If the M700 you save $50 on at Wally World sucks as bad as some of the guns Remington is turning out these days, are you going to take it back to the pimply-faced kid who usually works in Electronics? If you tell him you're getting light primer strikes and when rounds DO go off, the cases are ripped in half, is he going to have any CLUE what headspace is? Is he going to have the tools and know-how to remove the case body from your chamber?

What guys like the OP do not realize until they are much older, is that they are being penny wise and pound foolish, buying anything but ammo from a place like Walmart. Look at the general quality of items you get at the big box stores...is that REALLY the kind of firearm and service you want???

I've met Andrew; shook his hand and looked him in the eye. He's one to ride the river with. I'll make sure to send a few bucks his way every month or two, so that when I need to talk to a LGS owner that knows what the hell he's about, I'll have someone to turn to!

As for the OP? I think folks know what he is about and what matters to him. It's funny he mentioned steak. Near as I can tell, he gets his steak at McDonald's. That's the bottom line.

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    The OP is probably one of those you can have the "Walmart is killing American jobs" arguement with and his comment is "Well I got a job and I am saving my family money". It is one of those viscious circles that until he looses his job because the people who bought products his company sells started saving at walmart. There is a bigger picture here.

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Folks are free to shop where they want.
    let me tell you how wal-mart does things. Wal-mart tells their suppliers what they are willing to pay for a product. The supplier must make it inexpensively enough to still make money on it at that price. Seems like a real good way to get super crappy merchandise.
    We've bought socks for my young-uns from WM before. The same brand is carried at Kohls for a bit more money. The WM socks only last three monthsKohl's socks last twice as long.
    Yes WM has set limits as to how long they want products to last.
    Don't know anything about either of the two dogs in this fight. But Wal-Mart doesn't care about you in the least bit..At a LGS you got a face to deal with....
    Just sayin'......

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    Walmart has a what they call yearly Vendor meetings. Vendors go to Arkansas, WM is very willing to work with you the first couple of years while you get in bed with them financially. Then at your next yearly meeting they tell you they will only pay half for your product, and that they have a chinese company making one very similiar for that price. You ask how you can make money, they suggest you move your manufacturing to china so you can make it for the same price as the other chinese company. So you have spent a s-load of money on people and facilities and now have to choose between loosing everything or doing what they say and moving manufacturing offshore.
    Sam has to be rolling in his grave!

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    But one thing I will NOT accept is this. The belief that the internet stores, or the local big box places overshadow the experience and decades long accruement of knowledge involved in the field of reloading. That's just plain false.

I will agree with this, I purchase several items from Andrew last night and the prices were very competitive with online prices. On top of the good prices he was willing to share tips that made these items instantly more useful.
    Thanks Andrew!

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    What price do you put on wisdom? Knowledge is gold, support is gold (at Profire). You can get get your TP at wally world. Then if you need help with that your in the right place.

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I think it's great to have a big box store back on the side of the gun owner, I don't think it could hurt our position in Washington.

As for me, if I need a set of dies that I already know how to use, I would buy them at WM.

If I want a new dillon press I would seek out someone knowledgeable to buy from.

malachi_s

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    North Central Indian
    The statement that "I don't have a dog in this fight", is probably the most cogent sentence I have read so far. Basically, I read a post that some guy was trying to deliver a heads up on Ingo of possible convenience making a purchase of "whatever". Then his face is rubbed in the dirt because he offended a local shop dealer for it. While it is true, supporting a local shop owner has distinct value in several more ways than just a dollar bill, knowledge, wisdom, a face to look at and primarily helping to keep a guy that also has bills to pay and a family to feed in the game, is it fair to redicule someone that simply was trying to offer information that could help someone else out. Oh, then the question comes, helping someone else out but at what expense, the local gun shop's? I personally try to shop within my community, small business needs our support, hell, I get that, but don't put Andrew on any different level as anyone else try to either make a buck or save a buck. I've sold a couple of items on here, Ingo, am I a bad guy because the same item could have been purchased at 21rst Century, did I take a dollar out of their wallet? Buy local, buy American, buy what you want where you want to buy it, this is America. The guy was just passing on a tip that he thought might help someone out, I doubt very seriously he was trying to collaspe our economy.

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    In case everyone isn't aware M&S Armament is directly across the street from Walmart in Clinton and has better prices on powder and primers. Not only are they a site supporter here but also knowledgeable and helpful.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Andrew.... You have nothing to worry about. Your customers are loyal to you and Profire for a reason. Unmatched customer support. Now when Wal-Mart has their SOT, cases of suppressors and Class 3 toys, and actually have sales associates that actually have knowlege about any of the product.... then you need to worry. Oil changes and machine gun transfers while you wait....Hell, they have a hard enough time just getting oil changes right!:laugh:

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    I am a lot closer to Andrew's shop than I am the Clinton Walmart, but you can bet when the Greenfield Walmart has reloading supplies I will go to Profire still. I know that if I ever have a question or problem I can call Andrew and he is more than happy to help out. To me this service is PRICELESS. Andrew actually cares if his customers are satisfied. He has went out of his way to help me and I'm sure many others on purchases. Have you ever had a big box store go above and beyond to help you out? When Walmart starts offering service like this I'll still be going to Profire, because this kind of service is the standard there. Keep up the great work Andrew!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Just in case anyone in the area or sometimes gets by the area...Clinton Walmart has GUNS! Reloaders, dies, brass, powder, RCBS accesories, Tumbler media, and more! Pretty fair prices on all of it!

Im getting "my" Remington 700 .308 from there... $450 with scope/rings and boresighted.

Thanks for the info.

In case everyone isn't aware M&S Armament is directly across the street from Walmart in Clinton and has better prices on powder and primers. Not only are they a site supporter here but also knowledgeable and helpful.

Thanks for the info.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Amen brother

The statement that "I don't have a dog in this fight", is probably the most cogent sentence I have read so far. Basically, I read a post that some guy was trying to deliver a heads up on Ingo of possible convenience making a purchase of "whatever". Then his face is rubbed in the dirt because he offended a local shop dealer for it. While it is true, supporting a local shop owner has distinct value in several more ways than just a dollar bill, knowledge, wisdom, a face to look at and primarily helping to keep a guy that also has bills to pay and a family to feed in the game, is it fair to redicule someone that simply was trying to offer information that could help someone else out. Oh, then the question comes, helping someone else out but at what expense, the local gun shop's? I personally try to shop within my community, small business needs our support, hell, I get that, but don't put Andrew on any different level as anyone else try to either make a buck or save a buck. I've sold a couple of items on here, Ingo, am I a bad guy because the same item could have been purchased at 21rst Century, did I take a dollar out of their wallet? Buy local, buy American, buy what you want where you want to buy it, this is America. The guy was just passing on a tip that he thought might help someone out, I doubt very seriously he was trying to collaspe our economy.

Amen brother I cant beleive how this exploded into what it did. I am going to keep my coments to myself.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Went to ProFire AND Wal-Mart today!

Yea, I did stop+see Andrew today--Spent some $, and had some FUN.

Went to Wal-Mart--Spent LESS $, BUT had NO FUN.....

If you want to PLAY then you have to PAY!!!

(I like to PLAY)...Bill.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    When the Walmart in (insert small town here) drives all of the LGS's out of business, and then decides to not carry guns (again), what will the OP do? If the M700 you save $50 on at Wally World sucks as bad as some of the guns Remington is turning out these days, are you going to take it back to the pimply-faced kid who usually works in Electronics? If you tell him you're getting light primer strikes and when rounds DO go off, the cases are ripped in half, is he going to have any CLUE what headspace is? Is he going to have the tools and know-how to remove the case body from your chamber?.
    Seriously, Richard? No...Im gonna send it back to Remington once I obtain an RMA and they email me a prepaid shipping labor for WARRANTY repair. Who else better to fix a gun than the MANUFACTURER? Any gun Ive ever had still under warranty Ive sent back to the manufacturer and they have fixed it. Just got my CZ75 P01 back about a week ago for a warranty repair.
    What guys like the OP do not realize until they are much older, is that they are being penny wise and pound foolish, buying anything but ammo from a place like Walmart. Look at the general quality of items you get at the big box stores...is that REALLY the kind of firearm and service you want???
    What is your definition of "much older"? Im 41. "The general quality of items at the big box stores///the kind of firearm and service I want" Now Richard, you arent one of "those" that are trying to sell a different Remington 700 (in this case) than what any other shop would carry. Let me guess...Walmart's are defective because they are being sold at Walmart? Even though Remington made them..... :rolleyes: The "service" again...I get from the manufacturer...NO MATTER WHERE I BUY THE GUN FROM.
    As for the OP? I think folks know what he is about and what matters to him. It's funny he mentioned steak. Near as I can tell, he gets his steak at McDonald's. That's the bottom line.
    Seriously Richard? You want to get into a financial peeing match? Ok Ill play Im a Federal Technician with not 1, not 2 but 3 retirements and ill clear 65k this year....how about you Richard? ;)

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Never even noticed them over there. Ill have to check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom