• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    We came back from Hilton Head SC and had a miserable time of it. It took us about 1.5 hours to clear coming from the Southeast heading NW through on our way up to Knoxville, TN. Traffic heading SE wasn't quite as bad. There is a lot of road construction just outside Asheville on I40 that has things really gummed up. Several points along the way we were at a dead stop, and when we were moving it was < 10mph. The only bright spot was it looks like they are wrapping up the construction there so it may be better later this summer.

If anyone is heading through there you might think about alternate routes. Also, I40 as it crosses the French Broad River south of Knoxville is very backed up as well. They are completely overhauling the bridge, so that will be a mess for some time. Both make the I65/I64/River Bridge construction in and around Louisville look minor by comparison.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We came back from Hilton Head SC and had a miserable time of it. It took us about 1.5 hours to clear coming from the Southeast heading NW through on our way up to Knoxville, TN. Traffic heading SE wasn't quite as bad. There is a lot of road construction just outside Asheville on I40 that has things really gummed up. Several points along the way we were at a dead stop, and when we were moving it was < 10mph. The only bright spot was it looks like they are wrapping up the construction there so it may be better later this summer.

If anyone is heading through there you might think about alternate routes. Also, I40 as it crosses the French Broad River south of Knoxville is very backed up as well. They are completely overhauling the bridge, so that will be a mess for some time. Both make the I65/I64/River Bridge construction in and around Louisville look minor by comparison.

Which French broad is the river named after? ;)

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Thanks for the warning. Wife and I are heading to Tybee Island, GA later this month. Looks like we may be going via Nashville and Atlanta.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Thanks for the warning. Wife and I are heading to Tybee Island, GA later this month. Looks like we may be going via Nashville and Atlanta.

Good to know. I will be delaying my trip back to IN for a bit.

Thanks for the traffic alert. We will be heading home from SC.to Indiana next week, and that was my planned route, but not now.

We talked to some other folks from Indiana that took the Route down through Atlanta. They said that wasn't too bad other than the city traffic in some of the bigger cities. But not near the construction delays we had. They said there was a little on I-16 heading east towards I95, but it was manageable.

We debated going that way but went with our normal route through the mountains out of familiarity. Big mistake on my end.

Top Bottom