• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Feds Draft Basic Benefits Package Under Health Care Law | Fox News

The chief point that stuck out to me about the article is this:

Until now, designing benefits has been the job of insurers, employers and state officials. But the new health care law requires insurance companies to provide at least the federally approved package if they want to sell to small businesses, families and individuals through new state markets set to open in 2014. Most existing workplace plans won't be required to adopt the federal model, but employers and consumer advocates alike predict it will become the nation's benchmark for health insurance over time.

We have somehow come up with the idea that the complex and difficult task of selling affordable, comprehensive coverage to individuals and businesses could not be handled by the people who benefit from working through the process efficiently. Instead we have brought in Bureaucracy and Inefficiency Inc. to create the new standard for healthcare. :rolleyes:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    The problem is in sending patients who require certain "ordered" equipment twice monthly when it's ordered to be changed like very four months...

at $600 dollars a pop, that's $4200 of unnecessary expenditure on one patient alone...

I agree that everyone should be able to get cheap coverage, I disagree with how they are going about it. My health insurance for my entire family would have left me with about 100 bucks after premiums. THAT is rediculous.

Top Bottom