• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and he told me that if someone had a rifle/handgun with a swastika stamped on it it would be confiscated as stolen and returned to Germany. Is there any truth to this? I can't imagine no WWII guns would ever leave Germany in the past 60 years.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    False. I know a guy with a gold bar with a swastika on it. also have seen several guns and knives, and a couple of the hanging drapes from behind hitler during a speech.

It's not germany's property anymore.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    I was talking to a co-worker the other day, and he told me that if someone had a rifle/handgun with a swastika stamped on it it would be confiscated as stolen and returned to Germany. Is there any truth to this? I can't imagine no WWII guns would ever leave Germany in the past 60 years.

Your co-worker is full of crap. Just ask to see one documented case where it happened.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    I have several things with the stamp on them from 3 of my Great Uncles who were there. They all have documents signed by the company commander of their unit allowing them to bring the pieces home. I won't say here what they are but some go boom some don't. There is another Millwright who sets up at the 1500 pretty much right up front who has sevral German Military firearms I would have to guess he has something with the stamp on it as well.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN

Confiscated by whom? And how would this entity discover firearms so marked?

I doubt it. Whatever. Lets move on.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Nazi stuff is illegal for German citizens to own.
    Anything with with a swastika on it is verbotten to own.
    Been like that since the end of the war.
    Don't know why they would collect stuff to take back to a place where they can't have them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Don't know why they would collect stuff to take back to a place where they can't have them.
    For some reason, I'm thinking the swastika is illegal in Canada, as well.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana

So as long as your not a German citizen your not subject to their rules, and can own one if you wish? outside of Germany.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    So as long as your not a German citizen your not subject to their rules, and can own one if you wish? outside of Germany.
    I'm not sure which countries actually ban the swastika, but I know from my R/C model flying days that some model kits from some countries do not have swastika decals. I remember looking into it years ago, out of curiosity, and finding that the swastika symbol, or display of it, is banned in some places.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I'm not sure which countries actually ban the swastika, but I know from my R/C model flying days that some model kits from some countries do not have swastika decals. I remember looking into it years ago, out of curiosity, and finding that the swastika symbol, or display of it, is banned in some places.

I see... I don't know either...

I've been to military collectors shows and have seen many knife's & uniforms with the swastika & SS on them. I never knew it was illegal in some country's.. :yesway:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It is said that the French fought for the glory of France,
    the British fought for King and Country and the Americans fought for souvenirs!:D

I have a case full of Nazi vet bringback items including Hitler Youth knives, pendants, Luftwaffe daggers etc.... They are not leaving the store unless someone buys them.

Top Bottom