• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    My uncle died and left me with a Gemtech 5.56 suppressor. It happened fast and he did not have a legal will, just notepaper with a list of whom was to get what.

I spoke with an ATF representative whom said if Indiana would honor the handwritten paper as the same as a will, at least binding, then the ATF probably would too and I could fill out a Form 5 tax exempt application. If Indiana does not recognize the handwritten will, then he suggested I would need the $200 tax stamp, form 4.

My question is, do you need a formal, "legal" will in Indiana, or are other forms of documentation sufficient?

Thank you,

NS

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Considering the huge fines and jail time that could be involved if the answer you get here is wrong, don't you think you should consult a lawyer and find out if a holographic will is legally acceptable in Indiana?!

Is your liberty not worth a phone call and a free consultation?

nsheepdog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    Carmel, IN
    I have email documentation with an ATF agent saying a form 5 may work. I don't think the ATF will throw somebody in jail if they mail in the wrong form, based on advice from the ATF.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I have email documentation with an ATF agent saying a form 5 may work. I don't think the ATF will throw somebody in jail if they mail in the wrong form, based on advice from the ATF.

Well if you're so sure, then why are you asking for advice?

It's your freedom that you're staking on the outcome. Messing around with NFA items is a good way to end up in jail. The consequences of even an accidental error when it comes to these things can be severe.

GET A LAWYER!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    nsheepdog, it is within your best interests to consult with an attorney as soon as possible.

Please do not touch the suppressor until you have consulted with an attorney.

Messing around with NFA items is a good way to end up in jail.

Do not tell my mother, she'll be worried sick.:D

Top Bottom