• ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Wife picked out a hellcat today ...was on sale at RK it's optics ready
    Who's running one ? Any must have accessories? Running an optic? If so wich one?

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I've had one for about 2 months, went to it over a Glock 43. I have a TLR-6 on it and it works really nice. I carry mine in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster with the 11 round magazine in it and carry a 15 round mag as a spare. Mine is optic ready, but I'm not planning on an optic anytime soon.
    I have less than 100 rounds through it, but it functioned properly and was accurate. I'm very happy with it.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I've had one since they've been out. Zero complaints, no issues with it and it's been quite the tack driver. Easily 500+ rounds downrange.

I do not run an optic and love the round count it carries for its size. It just disappears. Only slightly wider than my XDS 45, but 13+1 (9) over 5+1 (45).

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Picked one up, same size as my Bersa BP9CC but with a thumb safety and a few more round capacity. Didn't opt for the optics but if it wasn't a concealed carry I'd probably add it. Have no complaints with any of my Springfields, had little complaint with the Bersa except it didn't like cheap practice ammo but never had a problem with the good stuff I carry for protection, it's just pricey for practice. None of that with the hellcat.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I CC a Hellcat in a Cross Breed holster. Very comfortable and light to carry. I do not have any extra optics on it. It shoots like a dream. I have had mine for a little over a year now. Anything Springfield Armory you cannot go wrong with.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Thanks for the responses all !
    I'll tell her about the couple holsters mentioned so she can look them up
    We'll see how she likes it but the thing is growing on me and I haven't even shot it yet haha ...... have a feeling if it shoots as good as it feels just doing dry fire drills I might be in the market for one myself ( don't tell my g19 I said that)
    Hadn't thought about that with the red dot ,she doesn't train a lot so probably be a bad idea to add that , I've worked with red dots a fair amount so kindly blocked out the fact that there's a learning curve that she likely won't invest the time in

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I am on the fence with the Hellcat and the Shield plus. I have EDC a Shield gen 1 for several years but want to treat myself to a new EDC with higher capacity rounds. This is how it all started years ago with with J frame S&W's being retired for 7&8 round wonder 9's. Where does it end?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I've never shot a pistol better, out of the box, than the Hellcat. Not optics ready, but I don't think I'd want a dot on EDC. I come from Shield Gen 1 perspective. I love me some Shield, but accuracy and round count = winner Hellcat. I can barely tell the difference in size between the two when carrying. I put 500+ rounds through the Hellcat without a single hiccup. Then I started hearing about the trigger/ trigger-safety issue. In my experience I have no concern with this issue.

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I had a chance to handle and shoot one… pretty nice out of the box carry pistol. I had two major issues with it,
    1. When pressing the tigger depending on angle and where my finger was, the physical trigger would NOT move. It’s a well documented issue that’s been posted about online…
    2. Like many of the striker guns the pull is so long it “pinched” the skin between the first and second knuckle of my finger (not comfy at all).
    Because of thise two things, I personally didn’t care for it. I did recently get to shoot and handle a Sig 365 and 365XL which I liked much more.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I had a chance to handle and shoot one… pretty nice out of the box carry pistol. I had two major issues with it,
    1. When pressing the tigger depending on angle and where my finger was, the physical trigger would NOT move. It’s a well documented issue that’s been posted about online…
    2. Like many of the striker guns the pull is so long it “pinched” the skin between the first and second knuckle of my finger (not comfy at all).
    Because of thise two things, I personally didn’t care for it. I did recently get to shoot and handle a Sig 365 and 365XL which I liked much more.

I have seen several Hellcats in basic intro classes The dead trigger issue happens more than you think. The problem is not enough finger on the trigger to disengage it. Hellcat triggers are not as forgiving as Glocks are on it. With a Glock it still goes bang just the shot goes low left or low right.

When that is corrected to at east the middle pad or more. No issues not going bang and is good gun and runs.

Last edited:

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    I have seen several Hellcats in basic intro classes The dead trigger issue happens more than you think. The problem is not enough finger on the trigger to disengage it. Hellcat triggers are not as forgiving as Glocks are on it. With a Glock it still goes bang just the shot goes low left or low right.

When that is corrected to at east the middle pad or more. No issues not going bang and is good gun and runs.

Im well aware of what causes it…. When that’s corrected, the guns can and will pinch you (as it does me).

The post wasn’t anything other than me pointing out a few issues I’ve seen when handling one, and for me to trust my life to it… I want to minimize the “it happens more than you think” part of issues:)

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    Im well aware of what causes it…. When that’s corrected, the guns can and will pinch you (as it does me).

The post wasn’t anything other than me pointing out a few issues I’ve seen when handling one, and for me to trust my life to it… I want to minimize the “it happens more than you think” part of issues:)
    Exactly and whereas I don't have that problem for whatever reason, the OP looking for real world experience now has something to consider when deciding if the Hellcat is right for them. No one's bashing it, just giving feedback for more informed buying decisions.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County

This looks like a lot more fun to me.....

1c4a398b-rezvani-tank-military-editi-1024x555.jpg

Rezvani Tank Military Edition Is An Armored Beast With Optional Hellcat Power | Carscoops

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I’m looking at getting one myself. I was able to shoot my nieces a few months ago and loved it. I’ve been saying every since that I wanted one. I want something light and easily concealed.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012

I believe they resolved this on more recently produced Hellcats. The issue is the trigger safety gets caught up on the frame.

There's a simple fix for an older one, but anything you buy now shouldn't have the issue.

Eric94

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2022
    Georgetown
    Wife picked out a hellcat today ...was on sale at RK it's optics ready
    Who's running one ? Any must have accessories? Running an optic? If so wich one?
    I have been carrying a hellcat for a while now.
    Got it at rural king as well.
    Usually IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck hybrid holster.
    I sometimes use a Galco Classic lite shoulder holster under a flannel.
    No optics yet but I have been looking into the Shield RMSC red dot.
    The Hex Wasp would be a close second.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    I have been carrying a hellcat for a while now.
    Got it at rural king as well.
    Usually IWB in a Crossbreed Supertuck hybrid holster.
    I sometimes use a Galco Classic lite shoulder holster under a flannel.
    No optics yet but I have been looking into the Shield RMSC red dot.
    The Hex Wasp would be a close second.
    Yeah the shield is nice, would also like the hex but I keep seeing stuff about the "refresh" rate of the dot not being fast enough so on lower powers it kinda flickers
    Don't know if that would ever be a problem as I don't run optics very low or if they've maybe fixed it

Top Bottom