• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schmart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 10, 2014
    Lafayette
    I recently purchased a Hellcat OSP. First time out to the range I found that it was shooting 4-5 inches low and a little left at about 10 yards. I was able to adjust the red dot to point of impact, but it is then behind the front sight, which obscures the aiming point. The sights can be drifted for windage, but have no provision for elevation. I really like the U notch sights, and is a large part of why I chose this handgun, so don't want to eliminate them.
    I had stared out shooting factory Remington 115gn ball ammo, and then moved to 147gn low power reloads. Didn't seem to make much difference on POI. Wondering if others have had this issue, or if there are suggestions for correcting it, especially for range use? I'd like to use it in IDPA Carry Optics division. Would heavier power loads help, or do I want to go lighter?

Thanks for suggestions.
    --Rick

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Well you shouldn’t have any problems meeting the weight limit in idpa carry optics! My 320 legion, with the grip weight and the delta point pro is making weight.

So I had an issue a few weeks ago where I was out of my reloads, and wouldn’t have any before the next match, so I had to use factory 115 grain loads, the poi wasn’t enough to mess with moving the sight, and as for the dot being behind the dot on your sight, that shouldn’t be an issue unless it’s below the base of the rds, remember pistol shooting basics, front sight on the target and pull the trigger!

one of the best shooters I know (in fact he’s an idpa master) doesn’t even use his dot, he uses the window of his dot as the sight ignoring the red dot all together.

And don’t forget to sign up for the nighthawk custom regional IDPA championship at Redbrush rifle range, sign up on practiscore I’ve posted a link in the shooting sports category (Saturday August 6th) and there’s also the west side sportsman’s club “holiday havoc” match on the second Saturday in October! Both are great idpa matches (tier 3)

Top Bottom