• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Don't follow the Shiny Object, people. Hillary's "Job One" will _not_ be overturning Heller. It will be rendering it irrelevant, by repealing PLCA and suing gunmakers out of business.

Hillary is not an erudite, plastic-finger Constitutional Lawyer like Obama, who spoils for a good fight over Constitutional interpretation. She's a trench-litigator who believes in Solving America's Problems - One Lawsuit at a Time (remember the "Hillary Hole"). This discussion about the Heller Decision will dissolve into irrelevacy with her as President. Changing Constitutional interpretation is tough work, and requires Senate confirmation of ideological fellow-travelers, as well as careful cultivation of the "right" case and moving it accurately through the system. But if she can create legal space to sue gun makers out of business, the Heller Decision / Second Amendment / Supreme Court will not matter. You can sit on INGO and argue Constitutionalism into the wee hours of the night, but you cannot buy new guns when the makers are out of business.

So if you believe the concept of factory manufacturing is outdated, and like the idea of our gun culture coming to resemble Pakistani tribesmen squatting around a fire in sandals, beards, and Ron Paul shirts, trying to hack a 3D printer out of a rock with a sharp piece of flint - vote for Hillary and give her control of the House.

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I'd prefer giving Hillary a place under the house.

H-witch.png

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    The founders were using wording of their day, when they said "well regulated militia". There was no Air National Guard or Army National Guard back then, and they were referring to the fact that back then, every able-bodied male WAS the militia. Problem is, most stupid Americans don't even think that far into it. :rolleyes:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In this hypothetical scenario of them coming to get the guns, who is it that's going to do the collecting?

A group known as the 'Future Corpses of America'?

Hmmm....I think we'd all be disappointed in the number of "well, SCOTUS said it was constitutional so, it's constitutional and I have to do as they say" officers and government agents will so follow orders. Oh, I don't think they'll simply go door to door in a massive sweep. They'll all be covered by some new law or another that dictates certain groups of people must now be relieved of their guns.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Guy laid out his take on this situation extremely well. He hinged on the SCOTUS removing Heller, thus Hillary wouldn't have to do anything concerning gun control, the states would. How does that make you feel with John Gregg leading in recent "polls"?

Everyone even slightly concerned for the 2A should listen to the podcast of the show:

The Gun Guy Show | 93.1 WIBC

Scroll to the bottom and look for these links to play:

• 93WIBC - 10 - 15 - 16 Gun Guy Hr 1
    • 93WIBC - 10 - 15 - 16 Gun Guy Hr

Andrew Stuart

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    More than Heller on our side

Just listened to the Gun Guy Show on WIBC. Great show if you haven't listened it is worth while.

I have always thought they could never repeal the 2nd amendment. Well with Hillary and her new Supreme Court Judges, it wont take long for them to over turn the Heller decision. :xmad:

Heller is clearly an important victory for the Citizens of D.C. and the Nation. It would be tragic to see it upended by a bench full of partisan Supremes but it would not be the ultimate undoing of the right to gun-ownership or self-protection, etc.

We need to realize there have been 35 other 2 Amendment cases argued in the hallowed halls of the Court. Twenty-eight of the 35 have fully, or in part, confirmed a personal right to 2 Amendment protections. Get a copy of ‘The Heller Case: Gun Rights Affirmed’ or ‘Supreme Court Gun Cases’, both byA. Korwin and D. Kopel.

Additionally, most of the fifty states intertwine the guarantee of the “right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State” (IN. Const. Art. I, § 32) in their Constitution. Here’s a great resource to embolden your couragehttp://www2.law.ucla.edu/volokh/beararms/statecon.htm against the concern that Heller is the sole source of protection over our rights. Neither these state’s constitutions nor the 2 Amendment itself provide the God given right to protection, safety, and liberty. They have, however, served as a shelter of civil rights over legislative corruption and judicial intolerance; a parchment watchman at the gates of liberty!

We don’t want to lose Heller, but if we did, it would easily be seen for what it was; a political move to weaken, disperse, and disarm (by degrees) the opponents of liberal progressives in the United States and throughout theworld.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Heller reversal would be huge but the impact would be felt more in some states than others....California, Illinois....

Correct. Overturning Heller may or may not happen, but it would take a couple of years on the short end for that to happen, but what if it does?

In order to restrict gun rights, legislatures have to pass laws. Federally, Hillary would have to get Congress to support her schemes (Obama was not able to). In the states, legislatures would need to have the political will to restrict gun rights and in many places, that just won't happen. In some places, they like punching themselves in the face, so it will.

Here? Hopefully we are smart enough to keep the General Assembly pro-gun.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Interstate Commerce....everytime I think my state protects me, the feds find a way in..

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Interstate Commerce....everytime I think my state protects me, the feds find a way in..

This is one of the points I try to drive home about UBCs. They EXPAND FEDERAL control even more.
    What happens within the State is non of their business, because it is within the purview of the State, not the Fed.
    But, no one seems to care.

Shalashaska

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2016
    Indiana
    I've seen people on facebook posting about how nobody could "repeal" the 2A, because it would require 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states or whatever the threshold for an amendment is. That's a red herring, nobody would official "repeal" the 2A. All they'd need is to stack SCOTUS against it. If 5/9 of them rule that it only protects the collective right of the national guard to go duck hunting, then it's not worth the parchment its written on.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've seen people on facebook posting about how nobody could "repeal" the 2A, because it would require 2/3 of congress and 3/4 of the states or whatever the threshold for an amendment is. That's a red herring, nobody would official "repeal" the 2A. All they'd need is to stack SCOTUS against it. If 5/9 of them rule that it only protects the collective right of the national guard to go duck hunting, then it's not worth the parchment its written on.

Then what? What law would take guns away?

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    You Nothern people!
    Its not about the 2AD the elites know the can't repeal that and keep the image of personal freedom.
    It will be done though taxation of firearms new and used the tax will be 25% on ammo 25%. This will be under the guise to pay for victims of "gun violence ".
    All that has to be done is pass a tax easy!

The next will be an Executive Order " Assault Weapons ban " This will be along the lines of you must modify your firearm to CA standards. You will then have to have it inspected and entered into the system for a fee of course. This will be retroactive and a completion date will be set it will be short like six months.
    Once the campaign is over possession of an assault weapon will result in a minimum 5 year sentence.
    Simple you have achieved the Australian ban without all the fuss.

The first thing said will be that will never happen!
    Wheels are already turning in the HRC transitional team this is on her first 100 days agenda. This is also a campaign promise to large donors.

HRC is far more anti gun than BHO

The elites want you disarmed they will do it by using the uninformed sheep we are surrounded by.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    But, but that's means paying attention, voting and giving money.

How dare you interrupt my fictional world with your ugly reality.

Wait a minute. You mean there's more to it than posting on a forum? Just the thought tires me. I must rest.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Which is why Congressional elections are important. Let's keep as many politicians as we can afraid to cross the NRA.

It's somewhat deliciously ironic that every time there is a serious crisis they don't want to waste, they try to go ahead and ram through anti-gun legislation while the iron is hot.

But they get beaten. Again.

I think this becomes somewhat self-reinforcing in that the more the try and fail, the more likely they are to fail. At some point, members of Congress will realize that the cost in political capital is far, far too high. Even people who are true believers won't do it because they want to use their political capital for other things.

Which is why Feinstein fails time and again.

Top Bottom