• Status
    Not open for further replies.

III Percent

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    Hello everyone!!! I'm a current government range manager who is in the process of putting together a business plan to open a new five star indoor pistol/rifle gun range and retail business in Southern Indiana. I'm looking to possibly open fall of 2015 somewhere on the US 37 corridor between Bloomington and Bedford. We will offer a state of the art 6 or 8 lane (still hashing the number of lanes out) indoor range which will handle rounds up to .50 BMG with a 3800 square foot retail and rental area. We will sell the higher line of guns along with mid and low range and will also offer clothing brands such as Beretta and Benelli along with other merchandise you don't find in the big box stores. The range will also offer pistol and rifle rentals, ammo sales, training classes, locker rentals and Members Lounge. We will have shooting leagues, kids events (with an adult), women's night and women's training classes will be taught by a female instructor. After the business stabilizes we will secure our Class 3 FFL and offer full auto weapon rentals.

I'm looking for input as to what you would like to see at an indoor range, any ideas or suggestions. Plus I would like to know if the Southern Indiana Gun Owners community is interested in a range in your area and how much you would use it. This is important to me because of the high up front investment and I need to know if I have the support behind me to continue the pursuit.

Thanks
    Jim Warnick (III Percent)

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Welcome to INGO.

Congrats on the upcoming business venture. Indoor ranges are all about air quality, make sure you get a good system to keep it nice and fresh in there. Otherwise, as long as you have good employees and good inventory you should be good to go.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Another vote for air quality. If you want to know what NOT to do, check out the rules of The new shooting range in Westfield. Tims I think? A couple exceptionally stupid rules like "if you are shooting military calibers you must buy ammo from the range." (paraphrased)

Hank in Indiana

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2009
    South Central In
    Sounds good in some ways but no one is going to be shooting indoors with someone else firing a 50 bmg. A gun store down the road on 37 south has a nice looking range but I rarely ever see anyone there. Most of the shooters I know have their own range. I have one, my next door neighbor, the guy across the street, and another down the road all have their own ranges. They aren't going to drive somewhere to pay to shoot. I do wish you luck. Looking foreward to your gun store.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome from Mitchell...not too far off the 37 corridor.

I'd recommend you start a thread in the appropriate sub-forum. You'll probably get more and better responses.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another vote for air quality. If you want to know what NOT to do, check out the rules of The new shooting range in Westfield. Tims I think? A couple exceptionally stupid rules like "if you are shooting military calibers you must buy ammo from the range." (paraphrased)

I think that rule is because at least 2 rifle ranges have been damaged by incendiary and armor piercing rounds. One range twice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom