• Status
    Not open for further replies.

apodgrouparms

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2023
    Welcome to our highly functional dysfunctional family, from NW IN.

What are some of the problem areas of the AR design that you guys have targeted?
    I'm glad you asked, lol

It's our proprietary design.

#1 The castle nut that you have to torque and pin in place is not very friendly for easy disassembly. So, we have a ratcheting castle nut that doesn't require torque or pinning. It is easily tightened into place with an AR wrench and removed with a push of its lever. Three clicks is all you need.
    #2 The pinned-in bolt catch release, forward assist, and the rear take-down pin spring always causes issues and marring, so they all a threaded dog screw. Special Note: The rear take-down pin spring that flies out when you remove the end plate is held in with a small set screw.
    apod-arms-lower-reciever-assembled-3-scaled.jpg

apod-arms-ar15-2-2.jpg

apod-arms-ar15-1-2.jpg

#3 We have tighter tolerances on the upper and lower receivers. We didn't like the slop that you normally have with the forged and other billeted uppers and lowers. Ours are a nice slip fit.
    #4 Our uppers and lowers are match billet which improves quality over time. We haven't decided yet if this is good for profits, lol, but this may be the only AR you'd ever need to own.
    #5 We have standard heavy fluted barrels making them more accurate.
    #6 We have a standard drop-in tactical trigger that we've teamed up with Rise Armament to manufacture. Crisp 3.5 lb trigger pull.
    #7 Our lower receiver internal diameters are already cut out to accept the auto sear. So with the right licensing, all you have to do is drill out the whole for fully automatic fire.
    #8 We chose high-quality Hogue for the pistol grip and stock and Magpul for the sights.
    #9 Another standard add is Ambi safety selectors and tactical latch for the charging handle.
    #10 Most importantly our patent pending muzzle brake/compensator actually reduces recoil and rifle twist, making your follow-on shots faster and more accurate.
    apod-arms-ar15-2.jpg

Thank you for asking!! Great question. Let me know if you want to know anything else :). Would it be helpful if we made an event in IN for you all to shoot the dog **** out of them?

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    @apodgrouparms .....
    1. When you say rifle twist do you mean that to be the same as rifle torque?
    The rotational movement of the weapon when you fire it?
    2. How are your barrels made and rifled?
    Steels? Linings/coatings in the bore and chamber?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I like what I'm seeing. Website for further info/pricing?

apodgrouparms

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2023
    @apodgrouparms .....
    1. When you say rifle twist do you mean that to be the same as rifle torque?
    The rotational movement of the weapon when you fire it?
    2. How are your barrels made and rifled?
    Steels? Linings/coatings in the bore and chamber?

Thanks for the detailed reply. I like what I'm seeing. Website for further info/pricing?
    Glad you are enjoying the information.

1. Yes, exactly. When you shoot, the barrel typically runs up and to the right, these (ours) tend to run flat especially in full auto due to our patent pending comp.
    2. Check out this link to our 16" government profile barrel, it'll give you all the specs. https://apodgrouparms.com/shop/government-profile-m16-5-56-barrel/

My signature has links to our main site and our YouTube to see some action! I'm interested to see what your thoughts are.

ZurokSlayer7X9

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2023
    NWI
    #1 The castle nut that you have to torque and pin in place is not very friendly for easy disassembly. So, we have a ratcheting castle nut that doesn't require torque or pinning. It is easily tightened into place with an AR wrench and removed with a push of its lever. Three clicks is all you need.
    This is interesting. Does this require a special endplate/receiver, or would this fit on any receiver?

apodgrouparms

Plinker
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2023
    Do you offer this as a separate part, or would one need to order a complete rifle to acquire this.
    We do offer this as a standalone part, however, in our most recent website upgrade somehow it got lost in the dryer with my right sock lol. We will update it today and post a link here to this thread later, does that work?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom