• Status
    Not open for further replies.

proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    Hi, i am new to this forum and sort of new to indy. I moved from the land of no gun rights (Illinois) almost 3 years ago. Though i lived on the border and most of my friends are from Indiana we would go to a gun range . i just applyied for a Conceal Cary License and i am looking into a few different choices.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Welcome to INGO! There are several good (and some not-so-good) range options around Indy.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    I'd recommend asking this same question in the "General Firearms Discussion" forum. You will be overwhelmed with answers, but will quickly see who gets multiple "likes". When you ask, specify the following as some ranges have restrictions:
    -Indoors or outdoors
    -Calibers/weapon types you want to use
    -If you care about being a member or just want to pay per session
    -Any other items you can think of

My personal preferences:
    -Marion County Fish & Game- outdoors, annual membership, pistol calibers only
    -Beech Grove Firearms- indoor range, per session fees, pistols/rifles up to 30 cal
    -two others that I've heard good things about, but have no personal experience with are Eagle Creek Pistol Range and Indy Trading Post

The two ranges you should probably stay away from are:
    -Don's Guns
    -Family Indoor Shooting Range (aka Pop's)

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Hi, i am new to this forum and sort of new to indy. I moved from the land of no gun rights (Illinois) almost 3 years ago. Though i lived on the border and most of my friends are from Indiana we would go to a gun range . i just applyied for a Conceal Cary License and i am looking into a few different choices.

Welcome to America!

:ingo:

proshot04

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    indianapolis
    Is there any forum topic don'ts. I know that on some forums there are threads that are hated.
    for example one of the AV forms I frequent one of the most hated threads is "what speakers should I buy" and they give no information about the room, budget, or receiver/amp they have.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Very good question. As noted above, reading the FAQs will put you way ahead of the majority. There are a few religious arguments that are best to tread lightly around and have a sense of humor.
    -Best caliber
    -Glock vs. 1911 vs. anyone else
    -AR vs. AK
    -open carry vs. concealed carry

Asking questions (especially if you are a newbie) to learn about those topics is fine. Insisting that you have the answer on those topics is asking for trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom