• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Quarterbore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Valley Forge, PA
    I am actually here through the power of Google as there was something posted here that I wanted to buy but I am dying to get rid of the welcome message for new members so I figured I would try posting something.

I am a certified gun nut and I tend to tinker in all things that make liberals upset. Well, except for explosives as I have yet to buy a DD but perhaps some day I will have to buy an M203 for the sheer fun of shooting chalk:lmfao:

I shoot DCM/CMP and I have extensive experience building a variety of guns including but not limited AR-15s, FALs, and AKs. I also hunt and shoot paper when I have time and my latest adiction has become revolvers.

I also have many dozen websites where I share my sometime short lived hobby before moving on to something else. I will share a couple links in case anyone really gives a snt about this easy coast guy that wondered into your home:

Quarterbore's Forums
    Quarterbore Homepage
    M9Bayonet.com: The Website for everything about the M9 Bayonet

Well, I tried to say hi, hope you don't mind an east coater hanging out for a bit
    :cheers:

p.s. Edited to add: It worked, no more message for newbies!

Also, this is not intended to spam your site but if you would like to try a better classifieds system, I also own and develope a classifieds script for vBulletin and I would be willing to give a discount if you all would like to try it:

vBClassified.com

No obligation, just send me a PM if you are at all interested and I will help you out.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Welcome to the forum. We have members from several states on here. So are you a VB master? I run photopost classifieds on another forum and I hate it. I'll take a look at your solution.

Quarterbore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Valley Forge, PA
    Yea, I know my way around vB. I run about six to eight forums but most of them I have turned over to other people to run and I drop in when they have problems.

Case in point: Timeshare Forums

I am actually here as there is a gun in your classifieds I want to buy. Just hanging out in hopes the seller comes back and I can work with them to buy a gun but I am not sharing my obsession quite yet.

:draw:

Quarterbore

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Valley Forge, PA
    So if we had been using your Classifieds soution would that ad have appeared in search engines?

Yes, and for two reasons.

First, my classified script creates a forum thread for each listing in the classifieds. The forum thread works like the threads you have in the classifieds here except that through a little php trickery, when you click a thread title instead of going to a thread (like this) you get redirected to the classifieds.

The second way the classifieds help direct traffic is through the the category listings from inside of the classified system as well.

There is no easy way for me to give a good example but I can show you that google has over 243,000 cached pages using vbclassified:

vbclassified - Google Search

Sorry, this is sounding more and more like spam and that was honestly not my intent in coming here! Here is a site that has very relevant content to yours that I know I am allowed to share a link to:

vBClassified - RimfireCentral.com Forums?

and

Military Surplus Collectors Forums

I can find others if you are interested... I also use it on my own sites
    Quarterbore's Forums
    Timeshare Forums

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Welcome to the site! :)

Feel free to stick around and share your thoughts -- you don't have to live in Indy to come play in our sandbox. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom