• Status
    Not open for further replies.

musketjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    I'm from the left coast--I hope you won't hold that against me. I found this site by accident and like what I've read, so I decided to give it a try.
    A little about mineself:
    I retired 3 years ago after 40 years as a journeyman machinist/tool maker.
    I've got 40+ years of trigger time behind the M1, 03A3, and other milsurp rifles shooting XTC and MR competitions and burning charcoal in a live-fire Civil War target club. I purchased my first ever AR 15 rifle 2 years ago and I'm still learning how to drive it, if you know what I mean. I'm hoping to find new information here about its quirks and nuances--the other sites I usually visit have become pretty stagnant of late. I'll try to add what I can, when the occasion arises. I've been reloading for 45 years as well. I've got a pretty well-rounded education when it comes to firearms. My dad, a WWII vet, got me interested in firearms at a very young age.
    Well, I've rambled-on enough. I'll sign-off now.

Jon

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    Welcome from north eastern Indiana. And nothing wrong with being from California. I've known many from there that isn't apart of the anti 2 Amendment Newsome Cult. Even though most of them no longer live there now. lol

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello from the Great State of Indiana and welcome to INGO. It is always good to hear from our pro-2A brothers out in the anti-wilderness.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm from the left coast--I hope you won't hold that against me. I found this site by accident and like what I've read, so I decided to give it a try.
    A little about mineself:
    I've got 40+ years of trigger time behind the M1, 03A3, and other milsurp rifles shooting XTC and MR competitions and burning charcoal in a live-fire Civil War target club. I purchased my first ever AR 15 rifle 2 years ago and I'm still learning how to drive it, if you know what I mean. I'm hoping to find new information here about its quirks and nuances--the other sites I usually visit have become pretty stagnant of late. I'll try to add what I can, when the occasion arises. I've been reloading for 45 years as well. I've got a pretty well-rounded education when it comes to firearms. My dad, a WWII vet, got me interested in firearms at a very young age.

Jon
    Outstanding introduction post.
    You should fit in nicely here.
    Welcome from Lafayette

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Welcome from Boone County.

Outstanding intro post, yeah, you might be one of us.

I for one feel for those in California who are pro 2A. There are large parts of the State that would be better off if they could break away from the metro areas on the coast.

You may have some common interests with member @55fairlane based on your profession.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    Welcome

I know nothing about guns. I have low blood pressure and I find participating in some of the threads gets my pressure up. ;-)

Something here for everyone.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Welcome aboard. Thank you for the introduction.
    Enjoy your stay...there are a lot of members here with whom you will find something in common.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    A little about mineself:

Jon
    Welcome from New Haven, I am our resident journeyman tool and die maker, now building race car suspension systems. Learning (teaching myself CNC programming) & writing technical articles for machinist workshop and homeshop machinist magazine.
    Like you I am both a CMP & NRA competition rifleman, I still shoot irons on my national match AR, I have more moved to match rifle for mid range & long distance, but XTC is still popular with myself. I am chasing a national rimfire sporter championship....chasing!! Do you come east to shoot at the National Matches?

Aaron

musketjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2023
    California
    Welcome from New Haven, I am our resident journeyman tool and die maker, now building race car suspension systems. Learning (teaching myself CNC programming) & writing technical articles for machinist workshop and homeshop machinist magazine.
    Like you I am both a CMP & NRA competition rifleman, I still shoot irons on my national match AR, I have more moved to match rifle for mid range & long distance, but XTC is still popular with myself. I am chasing a national rimfire sporter championship....chasing!! Do you come east to shoot at the National Matches?

Aaron
    Hi Aaron,
    Unfortunately, I can't make the drive back east for the matches, although Perry is on my bucket list. My wife had a very agressive strain of cancer a while back (she's ok and C-free now) and the insurance is killing me (1500/mo). After that, rent, utilities, and groceries, there isn't much left over to play with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom