Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Welcome.

I'm a dues-paying member of the Liberal Gun Club.
    These are real-deal gun people who advocate for more gun freedoms.
    I'm in favor of all people who understand and support responsible gun ownership coming together for a common cause.

https://theliberalgunclub.com/

That's what I said. Except I'm fairly conservative. I just try to open channels to those who believe in gun rights. I'm tired of all the fighting these days.

There are a couple issues I stand firm about: Gun rights, and abortion.

As far as gun rights I think we're in agreement. The LGC seems big on root cause mitigation when it comes to crime involving guns, and I agree.

Abortion is another matter.

Libs: A person's bodily autonomy cannot be usurped by the State.

Me: Bodily autonomy is extremely important, and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly were a child's life not on the line.

Libs: It's not a child until it's born. (This does not compute with me.)

Libs: Conservatives don't care about the child, anyway, nor the mother. Conservatives only care about controlling the woman's body! We're living "A Handmaid's Tale!"

At this point I can only shake my head and walk away. How do you talk to someone who thinks you're trying to control power when really you care about kids not getting killed? How do you argue with someone who thinks the vagina is a magical doorway through which an infant must pass before s/he gains "person" status?

The real issue is Women's rights to bodily autonomy vs an infant's right to life. And I get that argument. I just happen to believe that right to life > bodily autonomy, but I get why some don't.

I do strongly question whether the State really has the right to kill convicts sentenced to death. I'm not sure any government should have the power to kill its people. I'm only sure that the right to take a life is granted when one's own life is threatened, and, therefore, support the woman's right to choose if the pregnancy threatens her own life. Otherwise, no.

But, until we can sit down and talk about this stuff civilly, we'll not get it worked out.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    my beef is the selective use of the fetus. For abortions, it’s not a person.

For cases like murder, it counts as two lives if the woman is pregnant.

You can’t have it both ways, folks. Either it is or it isn’t.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Yep.
    Come in in full attack mode.
    People get defensive about the attack.
    Then:
    disappointment-so-mean-to-me.gif
    "Defensive? I'm not being defensive, dammit. What's wrong with you?"
    lol

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    That's what I said. Except I'm fairly conservative. I just try to open channels to those who believe in gun rights. I'm tired of all the fighting these days.

There are a couple issues I stand firm about: Gun rights, and abortion.

As far as gun rights I think we're in agreement. The LGC seems big on root cause mitigation when it comes to crime involving guns, and I agree.

Abortion is another matter.

Libs: A person's bodily autonomy cannot be usurped by the State.

Me: Bodily autonomy is extremely important, and I'd agree with you wholeheartedly were a child's life not on the line.

Libs: Conservatives don't care about the child, anyway, nor the mother. Conservatives only care about controlling the woman's body! We're living "A Handmaid's Tale!"

At this point I can only shake my head and walk away. How do you talk to someone who thinks you're trying to control power when really you care about kids not getting killed? How do you argue with someone who thinks the vagina is a magical doorway through which an infant must pass before s/he gains "person" status?

The real issue is Women's rights to bodily autonomy vs an infant's right to life. And I get that argument. I just happen to believe that right to life > bodily autonomy, but I get why some don't.

I do strongly question whether the State really has the right to kill convicts sentenced to death. I'm not sure any government should have the power to kill its people. I'm only sure that the right to take a life is granted when one's own life is threatened, and, therefore, support the woman's right to choose if the pregnancy threatens her own life. Otherwise, no.

But, until we can sit down and talk about this stuff civilly, we'll not get it worked out.
    Yup, if someone supports gun rights we have common ground. That's my only gateway issue for a politician.
    Groups like Pink Pistols, Liberal Gun Owners Club, Asian American Guns Owners Association, and National African American Gun Owners Associate are growing like crazy and pressing for gun rights from within the Democratic party. Sure, we may disagree on other things but we'll have those fights (civilly) later. I'm a dues-paying member of several gun organizations.

Those seeking to obliterate gun rights are formidable. I'm happy to support almost any responsible citizen working for gun freedom.

Civil dialog is becoming a necessity for this country

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom