• Status
    Not open for further replies.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    My name, as you might have guessed, is Josh. I live with my wife and 2yo daughter on the West side of Indy. I've never owned a firearm (only fired one once), but my wife and I are discussing getting our CCLs. Ever since my daughter was born (and now we have another one on the way), I've become much more aware of the need for personal protection. We have a monitored alarms system in our home and I have a GSD pup--he's 95lbs at 10 months old--that I plan on doing protection training with when he gets older. I want a firearm (especially while I drive for Uber on Friday nights) to feel more secure. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions for everyone here. Thanks for letting me join!

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Welcome to INGO.

We can point you in the right direction to getting your License To Carry a Handgun, (LTCH, not a ccl), a place that you can get some good instruction on using a gun safely, and where to buy one.

Check out our training forum for local places around you that will be happy to help you get started.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Welcome to INGO, Josh. Nice intro. There is plenty to learn here.

Bigtanker beat me on the LTCH. :) It is called that because it allows for both concealed and open carry.

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    See, I'm learning something already!

Here's my first question: how much does a lifetime LTCH cost? I've found sites that talk about a fee for this and a fee for that, but never actually spell out how much it would cost out-of-pocket.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to the forum.
    Training is recommended.
    Safety is a definite.

[video=youtube;Ld4R6Z9rYRM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld4R6Z9rYRM[/video]

[video=youtube;qG-26TKiCsE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-26TKiCsE[/video]

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    Welcome to INGO from Fishers. There has been good advice from previous post. My suggestion...get out and shoot..shoot a lot, and become intimately familiar with the feel, and function of your firearm. You may have to rely on it in an instant to save you and your loved ones life...and that is no time to be fumbling around with it.

:patriot::ar15:

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Looks like you are getting a great welcome and information already! Glad you've joined us! Welcome to INGO!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom