• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I like the LC9 for that, but the trigger pull is pretty long and heavy, so to be accurate at longer ranges you have to teach yourself to stage it. But for close range( 15 ft and under) it's no problem. Recoil is not too bad at all, but with the nature of a small, light pistol it has a lot more recoil that a service size pistol. For a 100lb female, i would think it'd be manageable.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    My wife loves her EMP (that's how I got my Kimber Gold Combat back). You can read my thoughts about it in this thread. Like barrelmaker said, I would strongly discourage purse carry unless you have a dedicated compartment with holster. Nobody would do anything else, ... would they?

Here's a pic of my wife's customized gun:

EMP2001.jpg

LongRangeBushy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Wabash County
    My Wife carries a xd subcompact --- it "feels" a touch smaller than the glock 26 to her -- the slide locks open and she had a little trouble getting use to the pull of the slide with dual springs but once she learned how to grip the slide she does very well with it and really likes shooting it.

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    I own a ruger LC9, and it has very manageable recoil. The ones I have looked at generally come with a 7 round magazine, friendly to the 115g JHP or FMJ round. I was able to purchase this firearm new for $349.99.

Top Bottom