• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    My first though would be a commander sized 1911, but you need to dedicate yourself to that platform. Since you have lived without a thumb safety for years, it may take a long time to build the muscle memory to flick the safety off of a 1911. I love 1911s, but my recommendation, given the criteria stated, would be a CZ Compact, P01 or PCR. All of those are top notch pistols that can be carried either decocked or at the half cock notch on the safety model. Now, if you are open to carrying in a shoulder holster, go with a high polish 75B with Cocobolo grips.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Here's some eye candy to help you make your decision! :D
    7967CD97-174C-45E6-B500-0D614DA05BB5_zpsgzteugmo.jpg

Sling10mm

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Nothing says executive like a Hi Point in a nylon holster.

^^^THIS!^^^ For $700 you could get two Hi-Points..... one on each hip. Maybe even four. Two on the hips and two in shoulder holsters.

Seriously though, the first thing that came to mind was a Springfield 1911 in stainless, although that would be a little over your budget. A Ruger SR1911 would fit the bill though.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Personally, I'm not seeing a reason to change up... Now if we were talking Wilson Combat money that might be different, but even then, the capacity you wanted is not there, and it would be a fair amount of muscle memory to train away.

In that range, maybe a new Glock or an M&P 2.0.

gwingo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2015
    Indysub
    I agree with those who see no need to change. Sticking with your initial decision indicates to your direct reports that you mean what you say and are not a waffler. Also, a Glock indicates you value utilitarianism, efficiency, and reliability. And I am not a Glock fanboy. I appreciate them for what they are (see above). More often then not, I carry a 357 snubbie because I like it.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    Some great advice here. I must admit I've looked over the Berettas 92's before. Love the style, same with the 1911's. In my handgun top 3 list. (actual list is far longer than 3...) but its 1911, Beretta 92, and Browning hi-power, no particular order.. But I also agree that after so many years with the glock platform.. im trained or at least in my sleep muscle memory to the glock platform...

I will have to take a look at the CZ lines. It's been a rather long time since ive looked at them, and i've never fired one or dealt with one hands on.. MAybe I should just go with a full size glock.. perhaps in a 45 or 9mm straight up... so many options, so little safe room.

Top Bottom