• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    First off I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and you all have a Happy New Year.

I'm looking for a good gun belt for my EDC setup. Lately I've been using cheap leather belts that you can find at any large retail store but I'd like something a bit sturdier and a bit more durable. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    My favorite is my SOE 1.75" Cobra Riggers belt w/out velcro. I've tried pretty much all the big names out there, and it's the stiffest w/ the best construction that I have found. If you keep an eye on their Facebook page, there is a sale going on pretty often. WARNING: John Willis (the owner) conducts himself like an elementary school yard bully, and tends to be pretty obnoxious. That said, it has nothing to do with how well his gear performs.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I'm using the Blade Tech. Plenty of good leather. No complaints at all. Full size 1911 all iron with Serpa
    I got mine at Elmore's Guns in Greenwood. In stock. About $50

T755

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    daletech in horsehide. Bar none the best belt going. I carry a gun on it 10hrs a day and it has out lasted anything else.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I use D.M. Bullard out of Azle, Tx. It's a pretty nice gun belt, very thick with decent hardware. I visited their shop last year while on a hog hunt down in Texas. Its a small family owed business. Nice holsters too!

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Many a year ago, I went down to my local Tandy Leather shop and bought my belt. As heavy duty as any "gun belt" sold as such and at a fraction of the price. Also bought a container of dye to dye it the colour I wanted. This belt is still functional almost 25 years later and a better belt than most of the "gun belts" out there. Nice and thick leather with a nice embossing on it. And I got to choose exactly the buckle I wanted for it. DIY for the win.

Leather Belts - Tandy Leather

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Go to the next gun show and try the bull belts. I have found them to be very nice. I'm interested in trying SOE, but I don't trust that I can order the right size. I visited their shop and they make quality gear.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I got mine at a gun show, but it's not a name brand. Some guy makes them and sells them. I think I paid about $30. Nothing fancy, just nice thick sturdy black leather.

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I would check out this link...https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I use the BioBelt and cannot be happier. I have turned 3 others onto the BioBelt and every single one of them has loved theirs as well. It's impervious to sweat and stretching. It also seems to be very resistance to scuffing / scratches.

Best bang for the buck IMHO.

P.S. - They are an Indiana company based in Freemont, IN - Supporting them supports other Hoosiers.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Daltech force
    coupon code daltechthehalls
    https://www.daltechforce.com/gun-belts

I would check out this link...https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...iew-daltech-force-super-biobelt-gun-belt.html

I use the BioBelt and cannot be happier. I have turned 3 others onto the BioBelt and every single one of them has loved theirs as well. It's impervious to sweat and stretching. It also seems to be very resistance to scuffing / scratches.

Best bang for the buck IMHO.

P.S. - They are an Indiana company based in Freemont, IN - Supporting them supports other Hoosiers.

This.

I can't say enough good about my Daltech Force Bio Belt.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Go to the next gun show and try the bull belts. I have found them to be very nice. I'm interested in trying SOE, but I don't trust that I can order the right size. I visited their shop and they make quality gear.
    This^
    I picked up a very nice bull leather belt for about $40 iirc.

Top Bottom