• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I like spiders outside...inside they are dead.

Something about the castle doctrine, you broke into my house it is assumed you are meaning me or my family bodily injury or death!!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep. Wolf. We get them every October even when we do the foundation spray thing seasonally.
    I hate them. I've drawn on one before...Of course it was with AirSoft, but hey... Whatever works, right?

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    watch out for brown recluses. I had one of them bring me to the ground. It was in a friends garage and i decided to stomp on it after it was sprayed with bug spray, the garage floor was very slippery and i took a fall. needless to say i killed him with my foot, shin, and knee

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    watch out for brown recluses. I had one of them bring me to the ground. It was in a friends garage and i decided to stomp on it after it was sprayed with bug spray, the garage floor was very slippery and i took a fall. needless to say i killed him with my foot, shin, and knee

That's my fear - of finding one of them. I'm sure I have 'em. Right now I just call every brown spider a "recluse" and kill 'em all!

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    spider-hell.jpg

Sleep, we'll keep an eye on things for you while you nap.

Spiders dont bother me..but if I found that in my house I would shoot it with a shotgun...from across the room..I aint gettin near that thing!

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    [snip]
    Although, it MIGHT be a "fishing spider". Do you live near a creek/stream/retention pond?

-J-

Those things get huge. I saw one in an outhouse in Yellowood St. Forrest. It was so big, I thought it was fake! BTW, that saying about scaring the **** out you is wrong, seeing that thing seized me up for week. It scared the **** IN me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    They say you're never more than three feet from a spider.

I used to have arachnaphobia, but I was cured one summer in Oklahoma. I was in the Army and we were sent to train some National Guard soldiers near Muskogee. We set up for two weeks in this field with foot tall grass. We were sleeping on the ground in pup tents. When I walked through the field, it seemed alive with spiders. Hundreds of them every few feet, about the size of dimes and quarters.

At night sleeping there, you could feel them walking across you. I got so desensitized to them, I only brushed them off if I felt them on my face. Never got bitten.

I still don't like the damned things, but I got over my irrational fear.

TheGunDen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Shelbyville IN
    Wow! I never heard of a spider that will not bother you. I sit in the shop all day and I get bitten everyday by at least one. I say a good spider is a dead spider. and I would rather see a snake than any spider anyday. You can pretty much tell if the snake is poisonous without getting too close, but, a spider can bite you without knowing he is on you until its too late.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Wolf spider! Anywhere but my barn they are free to move along as there is nothing to see here! Inside the barn they are a target for my Benjamin .22 pellet pistol!!! I've gotten pretty good with it too, my most recent hit was from 47' away on a spider that pre-impact appeared to be about 1 1/2". I don't mind spiders much as long as I know where they are but in the barn I'm tired of cleaning spider webs.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I was once bitten by a Brown Recluse. The venom ate a golf ball sized hole in my leg that took a LONG time to heal up. Still, I don't kill spiders, as they are just another part of nature. BTW, I am NOT a tree hugger.

Top Bottom