• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    Having owned both, I liked the grip on the PPS better, but the mag release was different than all my other pistols. Also, the mags were much more expensive with the PPS. I liked the PPS trigger better, more Glock like. Never have cared for the M&P trigger, and my Shield was no different. I tried to like the Shield, but the most I could muster for it was "meh." Many people like them, but it just didn't click for me.

I finally just went with a Glock 36, which isn't much bigger or heavier than either the Shield or PPS, and my favorite caliber to boot. (.45) Much more accessory/night sight availability as well, and it's the same platform as my full size guns, which are also Glocks.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I Like Mine

I like my Shield. It is very reliable, recoil not bad for it's size
    and easy to carry.
    I also think they are priced right. I paid $398, but have heard the same dealer is getting $429 now, when he can get them.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    I find myself asking the same question. I've fired a rental Shield 9mm, but no idea of the mileage. If/when I get a chance to test fire a PPS in comparison maybe the choice would be easier, but I have no idea where I would do that.

I own a 40 PPQ and REALLY enjoy it, and I actually like the paddle mag release on the trigger guard, so that wouldn't bother me. The price difference is nothing to laugh at though.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Haven't played with a PPS, but did play with a Shield. With the Apex trigger, its got a good feel. With the stock trigger, ick. I'd also carry safety off, that tiny frame mounted safety isn't going to be easy to deactivate under stress or left handed.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Own neither but have shot both. If I had to take one or the other, it would be a Shield. But if you want one or the other any time soon and don't want to pay bend-over prices, go with the PPS as they are MUCH more readily available (we've got two in-stock as I type this).

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    Wife gave up waiting on a shield. Just bought a PPS. I shot it last Monday and must say I really like it. Great trigger and feels really good in my hand. Never handled a shield but I think she made a good choice.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    My Lady could not rack the Walther and opted for the Shield. I like it so much, if I happen upon one, I will purchase one for myself to have in those times when I would prefer to be a little less noticeable. I will say that I did like the feei of the Walther as well...

Patton3ad

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    if your favorite cal is 45 ACP and you are looking PPS and M&P I would also look into a Springfield XDs single stack 45 ACP as an alternative as well. a little on pricey side but for a match grade barrel and multiple back straps and the kit that comes with it it is the best bang for your buck. Only down side is when they come into to your local gun shop they go right out. But if you are able to find one take it.

jaschutz79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 12, 2012
    The sheild is a solid shooter. Pretty accurate for such a small gun. Do yourself a favor and switch the sites and throw an Apex kit in it. Very nice!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    After much thought, I've decided to keep my SR9c and use it as a pocket gun. I carry at work (naughty-naughty) but I also usually wear cargo type pants with very large pockets. Looking at the sizes, there's really not a huge size and weight difference between the SR9c and the other two.

tdoom15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    PPS gets my vote. I like the trigger better (as someone mentioned, it is more glock like)...the Shield's trigger is an improvement, but still nothing to write home about. I also like the mag release and accuracy of the PPS.

PPS also has 6, 7, and 8rd mags. To whoever it was who said the Shield holds one more, you're wrong.

udchemist

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Really depends on preference- triggers are fairly similar, widths and size are also. Do you like the may eject on the pps or the shield? I couldn't get used to the may eject on the walther ppq- went with a m&p instead. If pps or shield would have been available in my area might have considered both also. If you have access to both lucky you! Try shooting em and see which you like better!

Top Bottom