• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    After disassembly cleaning and reassembly the bolt drags to close and it seems as though the trigger is not triping the firing pin. What I mean is that when you pull the trigger it does not sound as though it is firing.
    Anyone have this problem before? Any ideas as to fixing it?

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Sounds like the hammer pivot pin isn't seated correctly. check out this Troubleshooting Page

Also checkout YouTube videos showing how to reassemble the Mark series and 22/45's. There a slight trick to getting the trigger pivot pin to seat properly in the main spring housing. Once you do it a couple of times it becomes second nature. It's a common problem the first few times people field strip them but don't worry I doubt you actually damaged anything

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Slapstick's right. Chance are you didn't get the hammer in the right position when reassembling. Did it several times myself...

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Easy stuff. Let gravity help you.

If you do flub it and it sticks bad, where you can't get the MS housing in or out, wiggle that bad boy back and forth a bunch, maybe a minute or two of constant manipulation and smile really big when it goes "pop" and comes loose.

Had a couple of customers really jam theirs up.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Anyone have this problem before? Any ideas as to fixing it?
    Why, yes, yes I have had that problem.:D

That is why all of my 22/45s have this now since I bought my first one in 1996. I've met Dino at various gun functions and he is a heck of a guy:

Speed Strip Kit

SpeedStripKit.jpg

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Thank you very much for posting this. I just bought a 22/45 LITE and this is exactly what I need to make my disassembly and magazine disconnect problems go away. Thanks again.

Why, yes, yes I have had that problem.:D

That is why all of my 22/45s have this now since I bought my first one in 1996. I've met Dino at various gun functions and he is a heck of a guy:

Speed Strip Kit

SpeedStripKit.jpg

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I had it happen to me too. I called Ruger and the lady laughed when I told her my issue. She claimed this issue is the number one call to customer service. She stepped me through the re-assembly process and in less than 10 seconds my 22/45 was fixed. The whole call was less than a minute. Ruger has great customer service.

gatorindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Manual

I copied that section of the manual to a double sided 8X11 page and laminated it. I keep a copy in the bottom of my range bag. I just follow the instructions each time. Unless you shoot it on a regular basis it's tough to remember the steps!

I just created a PDF of it, but I haven't figured out how to attach it!

Gold738

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    I still have nightmares from the first night i cleaned mine. in fact i dont think my thumbs have ever recovered.

chadman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    I think all of us who own that gun have been faced with what you were. Won't help you now but I always recommend that a new owner put at least 500 rounds through it before taking it apart. When you take it apart after that, do like another responder suggested and take the mainspring housing in and out many times until you can do it by hand fairly easily. Those Rugers are TIGHT.

After that they go together with no problem.

I too looked at the quick strip kit but if you go that route know in advance you cannot take out the mainspring housing without uninstalling the strip kit and thus you cannot remove the barrel from the frame. The upside to the strip kit is that you can also have them "fix" the stupid magazine safety catch will will help with better mag drops and a better trigger pull. It will also allow you to fire with a round chambered with the magazine out.

Top Bottom