• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    Hey man....your world. I keep my tools and equipment at 50* minimum in winter and run it at 64* when I am in the shop. My gear is to valuable.
    I only run the A/C when temp/humidity gets to be unbearable. Have a pedestal fan for the rest of the time.

If I didnt rent my home I would have a legit heater/ac unit out in the garage but since its not my home I can not do that...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I didnt rent my home I would have a legit heater/ac unit out in the garage but since its not my home I can not do that...

The house where my shop is at (next door to where I now live) was a rental when we moved into it in 1981. I did most of the garage wiring/insulation and furnace before we bought it. Landlord did not care as we were improving the place and at the time I had no intention of staying there. Life is a funny thing. I still own that house and live next door. Daughter stays in the house and we still work out of that little shop.
    I understand your position and please know I was not poking fun at you or knocking your question. I am just a person to make things work no matter what.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I had a different idea for a temporary reloading "room". I have a large detached garage that I really don't want to put that much work into for insulation & climate control.

I had an idea of taking some 2" or similar foam board 4x8 sheets (the rigid type not the Styrofoam ice chest type), make a temporary room taping the joints & using a good quality tape for the foam door hinge. It wouldn't take much to keep it warm, just a small space heater.

nova5620

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2014
    Whiley Co.
    How can you put out a quality product if you are not in a comfortable environment? The ammo components really dont care, but you will.

I tried reloading in my unheated garage. Once.

I guess I am one of the lucky ones too. I have a combination war room/reloading room that is 24x14. Powder and primers have never been a problem. Well, except for getting the powders you actually want.
    (Also is that a Cessna 172 I see below your name sloughfoot? Reminds me of my days at Smith Field, Fort Wayne. I also used to work on planes. Now that was a touchy job!)

Jack :hijack:

Last edited:

EOC

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    The Garage
    The house where my shop is at (next door to where I now live) was a rental when we moved into it in 1981. I did most of the garage wiring/insulation and furnace before we bought it. Landlord did not care as we were improving the place and at the time I had no intention of staying there. Life is a funny thing. I still own that house and live next door. Daughter stays in the house and we still work out of that little shop.
    I understand your position and please know I was not poking fun at you or knocking your question. I am just a person to make things work no matter what.

I never thought you were by any means. I may have to talk to the landlord sometime about some type of ac unit/hearing unit I could buy and install. I don't have a window in garage so no window ac unit. So that's one problem.

Top Bottom