• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And replaced him with an imposter. How else do you explain the man in the chair at the other computer saying he'd consider replacing the wrecked GT with a '94 or '95 5.0? :n00b:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Maybe he has those ear bug things from Star Trek, the things Kahn put in peoples ear

large_cetieels.jpeg

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've been away from here for a few month. Has there been another wreck? Enquiring minds....
    No, but we are rednecks to the core as we still have the GT, exactly as she was brought home the day of the wreck, sitting in our driveway turn-around. But she's at least covered. (Mr88GT cries when he sees the front end all smooshed and cracked and demolished.) The power train will be going on his notch as soon as we get a few other priorities completed.

I'd replace it with a Camaro. Just sayin'.
    Why would I replace one non-running vehicle with another one? If we're going to replace a fox body with a GM vehicle it's going to be a '68-70 Chevelle.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    My 86 GT-disguised-as-an-LX got pretty badly mashed, but if I knew then what I know now, I would've fixed it.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    ... If we're going to replace a fox body with a GM vehicle it's going to be a '68-70 Chevelle.

WHAT? You'd replace it with a CHEVETTE? :eek: (that's a stupid emoticon for "eek!")

Oh, wait ... you said "Chevelle." My bad.

Never mind. :laugh:

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Hey why not replace the light nimble foxbody with a big boy sn95. I mean who doesnt love a newer model with a little excess plastic right, even if she cant perform as well?

If you are going to get a GT I think your only options are the Foxbody or the 2012+

92LX

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    there are people who actually want those?

Midlife crisis an all. I love fox bodies, but they are getting pretty expensive. Finding someone to fix her 88 is going to be hard to do as well as finding a good doghouse to replace the front of hers. I just noticed the cheap SN95's out there that can at least stop, which is what foxes don't do well (I.E. the last turnaround at IRP or whatever it is now). Just can't find a good replacement that doesn't need a ton of work. Don't have time to do a ton of work. and the 2011+ have my eye, but at 23K I'd probably be better served to just by another truck.

I also am having a hard time justifying anything nice since I seem to be a magnet for drunks and crazies. Okay the Avalance that took out 88's GT was neither, but the arse that waved her through traffic without checking the other (my) lane was at least a moron.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Midlife crisis an all. I love fox bodies, but they are getting pretty expensive. Finding someone to fix her 88 is going to be hard to do as well as finding a good doghouse to replace the front of hers. I just noticed the cheap SN95's out there that can at least stop, which is what foxes don't do well (I.E. the last turnaround at IRP or whatever it is now). Just can't find a good replacement that doesn't need a ton of work. Don't have time to do a ton of work. and the 2011+ have my eye, but at 23K I'd probably be better served to just by another truck.

I also am having a hard time justifying anything nice since I seem to be a magnet for drunks and crazies. Okay the Avalance that took out 88's GT was neither, but the arse that waved her through traffic without checking the other (my) lane was at least a moron.

They are cheap for a reason, my friend.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    They are cheap for a reason, my friend.
    demand. The newer ones pretty much rendered the '94-2009(?) models obsolete in every sense of the word. But as fugly as they are, they can still put up some numbers....properly tweaked, of course.

Why not go classic? I'm not much of a Mustang fan, but the 67-68's are really nice, a la Bullet.
    You must have missed the part about not wanting to spend a lot. :)

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I agree the 05+ model blew them away, for a reason.

They can certainly be built up, just like any of them. I just find the body style so unappealing I would rather dump the money into the old one versus buying a 94-05 model PLUS having to tweak and modify it until you were happy with it.

Keep us updated!

Top Bottom