• which one???

• Total voters

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    so its about that time to get my wife a gun as I sold hers awhile ago. so we went to elmores today to narrow down the selection. she has it down to a sig p250 and an HK p30, and wouldn't you know the woman would favor the more expensive one. my actual dilemma is I really like the HK but never thought I would get the go ahead to buy because of the price but that I do I'm really torn because I can get the p250 for $429 as opposed to $800 for the p30 but we both like the p30 more except the trigger on the p250 is SOOO much smoother and half the price. help!!!!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Always go with the most expensive one for which you have the go ahead to buy at the time.

The Sig will be easier to acquire at a later date for less "go ahead." ;)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted for the Sig, but I would go with the one she wants. Since it is going to be her gun she should have the one she is more comfortable with. If she is comfortable with it then it is more likely she will train with it and carry it, in the end she will be more confident if she ever has to use it. Just my :twocents:. Good luck in your decision.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well she is comfortable with both but likes the HK a little more the money is basically the big issue. not that we don't have it but $400 is a BIG difference, and doesn't really make sense to spend that much more if she is comfortable with sig.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    well she is comfortable with both but likes the HK a little more the money is basically the big issue. not that we don't have it but $400 is a BIG difference, and doesn't really make sense to spend that much more if she is comfortable with sig.

If she likes both then I would go for the Sig then. They are both great guns and if you can save $400 then that is alot of money left over for holster, spare mags, and most important ammo!!! :D

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Always go with the most expensive one for which you have the go ahead to buy at the time.

The Sig will be easier to acquire at a later date for less "go ahead." ;)
    he hit the nail on the head. $429 could almost come and go out of the bank account and not be noticed. ive also got a p30L and i love it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    How about letting your wife decide the gun she wants instead of a bunch of people you don't really know voting on an internet site....novel concept. haha.

it is a novel concept which is why I told her to decide and she couldn't hence this thread and her watching it.;)

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I've had both the P30 and the P250 at the same time. We still have the P250.

The P30 is a great handgun. Although if you don't get the LEM, the first double action trigger press is brutal. Pami wasn't able to properly press the trigger back smoothly due to weight. Second remembering to decock the pistol on re holstering is an absolute must. Finally the grip panels while great at keeping the handgun in your hand even while they are wet do a great job of rubbing the skin on your side raw if you carry in an IWB holster.

The P250 is also a great handgun. It's controls are as simple as a Glocks which makes it a competent handgun for self defence. The grip does a good job of keeping the handgun in your hand, but is nowhere near as sandpaper like as the P30's. The trigger on the P250 is always a long stroke, ~6.5lb trigger which isn't hard to press making it a gun Pami was able to fire from the first shot, to the last in a magazine.

Dislikes.
    Both have $45-$50 magazines that are most likely special order
    Both have virtually no "off the shelf" holster options. Plan on ordering online.
    Both are fairly uncommon, the Sig less so than the H&K however don't plan on having any commonality of magazines, holsters, manual of arms, with most anyone.

Pami still has her P250. That last item is the primary reason I keep trying to convince her she would be better served with a Glock 19. My magazines suddenly work perfectly in her handgun. AND if she ever has to pick up my handgun for whatever reason it's identical to hers :)

I voted for the P30 because I liked shooting it a lot more than the P250. However the Sig really has a lot going for it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...My magazines suddenly work perfectly in her handgun. AND if she ever has to pick up my handgun for whatever reason it's identical to hers :)

:yesway: There is a lot to be said for this!
    Mags spread throughout the house fit all guns.
    Guns fit in the same holsters and mag carriers.
    Maintenance and cleaning is the same.
    It's not a chore to "break in" their gun, putting many rounds down range.

I'll likely catch some static for saying this;
    I know it's PC to let your wife/GF to pick out their own gun, but...

...are they as informed as you are about making the best choice?
    ...are they intending to train and practice with it regularly?
    ...do they intend to carry it every day, all the time, like you do?

If not then, (sorry) maybe they should just listen to someone who has made it their passion to make the best choice and adapt.

BTW- I have met Mrs. tyler34. She is a sweetheart. Hopefully, she or any significant other won't take offense to my 2cents.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom