• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    I have a Marlin 60 that I recently reacquired from my grandfather. I've had some fun sighting in the (very) old optic and just shooting it in general. It's a truly great gun. However, I've found that I can't shoot it comfortably from a bench for too long because my length of pull is just too short for my arms and also to acquire appropriate eye relief on the scope. I have the rings as far forward as they can go and the scope as far forward in the rings as it can go and still have a hard time getting a good sight picture in the scope.

Is there any way to increase the length of pull on a Marlin 60? I'd like to keep the original stock if at all possible. Thanks for the help

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Get off the bench and shoot the rifle like it was designed to be shot. From real field positions. In fairness, some of the older scopes require precise eye relief and are tough to use.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Make a spacer to go between buttplate and stock or add a recoil pad.

You probably can find a beat up stock used to mod for low price, leave your original alone.

Get off the bench and shoot the rifle like it was designed to be shot. From real field positions. In fairness, some of the older scopes require precise eye relief and are tough to use.

both good points, also you might be able to switch out your mounting to a picatinny rail and be able to mount the scope further forward (depending on the rail)

Top Bottom