• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • asystole86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I live in Vermilion county i have been trying to get a carry permit for a while now. The local officer took 3 months to give me an application and , i cant get him to come and finish the application. I have asked him if i could just use the online method and he gave me some story about only being for rural residents what should i do to progress my application? He says he needs to do everything background check etc . I am stuck on where to progress

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    call your local state police post and let them know your story. if that doesn't work i would start calling your city elected officials.

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    The online application is the state application, and Vermillion County is on the list of counties that CAN use that form. You can be fingerprinted at an L1 facility. However, I believe you still need to pay the the local LE and get their approval before your application will be approved by the State. I know this doesn't completely answer your question, though...sorry.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I live in Vermilion county i have been trying to get a carry permit for a while now. The local officer took 3 months to give me an application and , i cant get him to come and finish the application. I have asked him if i could just use the online method and he gave me some story about only being for rural residents what should i do to progress my application? He says he needs to do everything background check etc . I am stuck on where to progress

That is freaking B.S.:xmad: some cops can be an A-HOLE:(

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Have you gone to the station and asked to speak with someone about getting the application completed?

I've not heard of officer's going to houses to complete the paperwork. Usually the people go to the PD or Sheriff's Department to have it done.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    go over his head and go to county? I know far too many people from anderson who have done just that......something about some people at apd doing similar things

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    LEO

Tell them you will do what was done in Gary years ago sue for $10,000,000. I Hobart years ago they had a sign in the PD window
    " We are temp out of permit apps" This was up for 5/10 years.
    I asked the Chief if he would sign mine if he had them, he said
    yes , so I went to Lake Station and got one, brought it back and he had a fit. How did you get it? I said that he would sign it, but was out
    so LS gave me one. He signed it.

Hoosier9

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I've never heard of an officer coming out to bring a handgun license application. I've always thought that you have to go to the PD or the sheriff's department to complete the application. That's what I had to do.

Top Bottom