• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Since the first day of shooting I have had pain at the base of my thumb on the palm side. Usually the first few rounds I fire are especially painful and then the discomfort tapers off. Well, last Thursday after I got home from the range I noticed a pea-sized nodule in the same spot that hurt when I applied pressure. As the days wear on it gets better but I am obviously doing something wrong.

Anyone have any experience with this or advice. Any help is much appreciated :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I would have to know more about how you're gripping the gun now to help you.

Since the first day of shooting I have had pain at the base of my thumb on the palm side. Usually the first few rounds I fire are especially painful and then the discomfort tapers off. Well, last Thursday after I got home from the range I noticed a pea-sized nodule in the same spot that hurt when I applied pressure. As the days wear on it gets better but I am obviously doing something wrong.

Anyone have any experience with this or advice. Any help is much appreciated :D

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Been shooting a Glock 23. I'm pretty sure it's a cyst which I know can occur from trauma or injury. Basically, the joint capsule bursts and causes a nodule. I was just curious to see if anyone might have had this happen before and if my grip was the problem (or maybe I'm just a sissy).

In the words of Ahhnold...."It's naaaht a toooomah."

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Your probably correct about it being a cyst. I don't have that, but my right thumb joint locks up all the time and can cause me some problems shooting my pistols. I broke that thumb while in the Marines, and I think that all these years later it is slowly catching up with me. I would just go to the doctor to see if he could "break" the cyst and it will slowly dissipate away.

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Thanks for that video. I think I am gripping too tight with my thumb and resting the backstrap against my thumb joint instead of it being in the middle web of my hand. I'll make some changes and see if it helps.

Top Bottom