• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    I bought an old (1972) scamper pop-up. Its easy to tow, has good appliances (stove ,oven furnace and propane refrig. although i am having trouble getting the furnace and refrige to work but that is a seperate problem). I am happy with everything except the canvas is BAD. I mean BAD there are staples yes staples holding some of the seams togeather and the zippers are missing teeth. So I go online and find a few people who do replacement canvas for this model but they were in wisconsin and wanted 895.00 (or more) for new canvas and windows etc etc. I only paid 4oo for the darn thing, My question is who out there knows where I can get a better price hopefully "local" to keep the money here.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I bought an old (1972) scamper pop-up. Its easy to tow, has good appliances (stove ,oven furnace and propane refrig. although i am having trouble getting the furnace and refrige to work but that is a seperate problem). I am happy with everything except the canvas is BAD. I mean BAD there are staples yes staples holding some of the seams togeather and the zippers are missing teeth. So I go online and find a few people who do replacement canvas for this model but they were in wisconsin and wanted 895.00 (or more) for new canvas and windows etc etc. I only paid 4oo for the darn thing, My question is who out there knows where I can get a better price hopefully "local" to keep the money here.
    Thanks for your help in advance.

Find a body shop that does convertible tops & seat covers, they should be able to redo the canvas

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Check the trailer repair shops around Elkhart. My Mom had one recanvised late 80's early 90's. It wasn't to bad from what I remember

Top Bottom