Hendricks County Property Tax Info Online Database...holy cow!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I think most counties have a similar tool. When I was searching for a house a couple years ago I found an Indy Star tool that let you look up real estate transactions for any address so you could see when it was last sold and for how much and the names of the parties. Pretty handy for doing home buying research, but also sorta creepy.

IndyStar.com | Data Central | The Indianapolis Star

It doesn't seem 100% complete because it has my house but not the two neighbors (across and beside) that have sold since I moved in 2 years ago.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Yeah, that's a lot of information available right at your fingertips. You're right about it being public info, but it seems creepy that anybody can find out where you live and what your property is worth with just the click of a button.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Zillow has approximate values anyway, and assessed value doesn't have much to do with what it's worth. It helps when you're considering buying a house and you can see who owns it and what they do for a living. Finding prior sales on zillow is nice too so you know where they're at on the house. Yes, we just bought a house :)

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Yep. It's public information. I've actually used it to remember some of my neighbors' names that I just met. :^)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pretty crazy. We used the info to contest our assessed value. It was handy when we were house-shopping a while back.

It has also been useful when checking on a "school property", or more recently, if property was owned by a local governmental entity.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I used it to check out information on a rental property that I had suspicions of being a scam. And I was right, it was a scam. The person claiming to be the owner was not actually the owner of the property.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    This site has been helpful as I continue the search for a new house. Good to see the extra info that can't be found other places sometimes.

Top Bottom