• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My brother brought his .22 henry down for me to try out today(thinking of buying it).

He also brought down a brick of Winchester .22LR shells that he was using in it. The brick has a AR15 on hte front of it or something that looks like it. I thought maybe they were special for AR15 conversions(of which he has one).

Anyway...when I go to try to chamber a round for the first time it jams up and I have to use a screwdriver to get the shell out. Then it seems fine after that.

Anyone seen any issues with Henry's doing this? I think its probably ammo(maybe the shells longer htan normal if its designed for a AR conversion?).

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I GOT A HENERY 22MAG. I WAS HAVING TOBBLER WITH NOT TO LOAD A SHELL EVERY TIME I FOUND THAT IT BEEN DRY FIRE TO MANY TIMES. I HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN. FILE THE CHAMBER ON THE TOP OF THE BARREL. AFFTER THAT I HAD NO MORE TORRLER WITH IT LOADING. YOU CAN GO TO HENERY WEB SITE THE SHOW HOW TO TEAR DOWN THEIR GUNS

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    I GOT A HENERY 22MAG. I WAS HAVING TOBBLER WITH NOT TO LOAD A SHELL EVERY TIME I FOUND THAT IT BEEN DRY FIRE TO MANY TIMES. I HAD TO TAKE IT DOWN. FILE THE CHAMBER ON THE TOP OF THE BARREL. AFFTER THAT I HAD NO MORE TORRLER WITH IT LOADING. YOU CAN GO TO HENERY WEB SITE THE SHOW HOW TO TEAR DOWN THEIR GUNS

Call or Email Henry, they have very good repair service.

Last edited:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I can't say specifically about a Henry .22 lever-action rifle, but some other .22s that I've come across that have problems with extraction have been because the internals were exceptionally dirty. A good detailed cleaning has usually cleared up problems.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    My brother brought his .22 henry down for me to try out today(thinking of buying it).

He also brought down a brick of Winchester .22LR shells that he was using in it. The brick has a AR15 on hte front of it or something that looks like it. I thought maybe they were special for AR15 conversions(of which he has one).

Anyway...when I go to try to chamber a round for the first time it jams up and I have to use a screwdriver to get the shell out. Then it seems fine after that.

Anyone seen any issues with Henry's doing this? I think its probably ammo(maybe the shells longer htan normal if its designed for a AR conversion?).

.22 rounds just seem to jam on occasion. I have even had .22 LR rounds JAM in my old Winchester .22 bolt action single shot, and it shoots shorts, longs, and long rifles.

If it does it regularly, I would have it looked at. If it is rarely, then most likely that is the best you can expect.

jscottcmby29

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Just bought a henry large loop 22 jammed every brand of 22 shell I fed it. We had to call henry they sent a shipping label to retun it for service

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Mine does something similar to what you are describing when I try to shoot hollowpoints. When shooting round nose bullets, it seems to do fine. One of these days I'll send it back to Henry to get it fixed, but it's too fun to send away right now!

Top Bottom