• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    No, but I've almost bought a regular Long Ranger on a couple occasions. I think it would be a fun shooter. I wound up buying a Ruger American 5.56 Ranch Rifle instead but if I stumbled across one I'd probably go for it. I like guns other than ARs that can shoot my stash of 5.56/.223. I only wish the Long Ranger held a couple more rounds in the magazine. The Ruger I bought uses standard AR mags, so that's one reason it got the nod. It was also a fraction of the price. But I love the Henry's butter smoothe action and there's nothing more American than an honest-to-goodness lever gun.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The 5 round box mag is a little disappointing. I was looking at the 45-70s but with the current ammo prices, I decided against it. I like that the express is threaded.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    The 5 round box mag is a little disappointing. I was looking at the 45-70s but with the current ammo prices, I decided against it. I like that the express is threaded.

Unfortunately it can't have an extended magazine due to the lever. It would be super cool if they were able to design one with a short stroke lever that allowed a 10-20 round box magazine (or even AR mags). That would be an abomination I'd stand in line to buy.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Unfortunately it can't have an extended magazine due to the lever. It would be super cool if they were able to design one with a short stroke lever that allowed a 10-20 round box magazine (or even AR mags). That would be an abomination I'd stand in line to buy.
    Or a pump action with AR magazines. They could make 5.56-338 Federal and more.

Top Bottom