• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Ok, to bring this up again. With everyone that has been piglet hunting, what was your favorite place to go? What was the guide service used or the lodge used? I would like to set one up this year for a few people and would like suggestions.

B6240

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    South Central IN
    Great job! That is one of many things on my list of things I really want to do. I went to Alabama to turkey hunt but did not get a chance to go after pigs when I was there.

Inabcentia

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Bloomington
    Has any one hunted wild boar here in Indiana? I know there are some wild down near White River in Washington county. I'd really like to take one of those, for the hunt and the meat. Bet they're tasty.

Rbadger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Auburn, IN
    I have been wanting to go hog hunting for a while now. My step brother lives in texas and says there are a ton of them there but he has not had a chance to get any yet as he has a new baby and just got back from Afghanistan. My question is are they good eating? I mean it's a pig right? Do you get the same cuts of meat from a feral hog that you do from a domestic pig? (IE: chops, bacon,loin,etc.) And if so is the flavor significantly different? I have a friend that moved to Nevada and does some big game hunting out in New Mexico somewhere and he says he gives the meat to family and friends because the animals eat so much sage that it permeates the meat. Do feral hogs have a similiar issue depending on their diet?

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have been wanting to go hog hunting for a while now. My step brother lives in texas and says there are a ton of them there but he has not had a chance to get any yet as he has a new baby and just got back from Afghanistan. My question is are they good eating? I mean it's a pig right? Do you get the same cuts of meat from a feral hog that you do from a domestic pig? (IE: chops, bacon,loin,etc.) And if so is the flavor significantly different? I have a friend that moved to Nevada and does some big game hunting out in New Mexico somewhere and he says he gives the meat to family and friends because the animals eat so much sage that it permeates the meat. Do feral hogs have a similiar issue depending on their diet?

We turned most of ours into pulled pork, sausage, and ground (like hamburger). It has very little (none) fat. You would have to cure the bacon and the area the bacon comes from is usually very small on wild hogs. You would also have to cure the hams. To make pulled pork we just took some of the large pieces and grilled them in a cooker/smoker overnight. Then just pull the meat off the bone. I use it for bbq. The suasage and ground you just grind up in a meat grinder and flavoring you like. The ground is great in anything you would use lean hamburger for. I dont think it has enough fat for burgers??

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I just booked a hog hunt in south Florida for the last week in may. Im pumped and ready to go. I just have to decide on what to use. I'd like to kill one with my bow but haven't made up my mind, i might just use my 12 ga or m44

Top Bottom