• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Two of my shooting buddies visited PSS last weekend. They were told that the reason for pistol primers costing $45.00 per 1000 was that the rent went up when PSS moved to the new location.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I would have replied, I'm not paying your rent, you are!

That's at the point where ordering online and paying the hazmat fee is a better deal. Especially since my inbox has been filling up with reduced hazmat deals. I like to support the LGS but there's a limit.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Two of my shooting buddies visited PSS last weekend. They were told that the reason for pistol primers costing $45.00 per 1000 was that the rent went up when PSS moved to the new location.

I bought 4k small and large pistol primers yesterday for $33 per K and something change. That's at least 11-12 dollars over priced. The rent excuse is lame IMHO. If you can't compete on price it's time to shutter the place.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Don't mean to derail the thread, but has anyone used the S&B primers? If so, what do you think of them. I have always tried to stick with Winchester, CCI's and Federals.

I did a bunch of searching about them a while back. The general feeling was they are good to go. Only "bad" thing I found was most thought they were a touch harder than most others so using them with reduced power springs wasn't recommended.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Don't mean to derail the thread, but has anyone used the S&B primers? If so, what do you think of them. I have always tried to stick with Winchester, CCI's and Federals.

I've used several thousand in SPP, SRP and LPP. I've never had a problem with them, they seated easily and all went bang. Velocities through the crony was consistent and on par with what I get using Winchesters. That's my experience with them using the powders I prefer. (Tight Group, Power Pistol, Unique, TAC, Win 296, Varget & BLC2) Don't have any experience yet with their LRP, I loaded some 8mm but haven't shot them yet to test but I expect the same results with them as I've gotten with their other primers. They've become my favorite low cost primer.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County

I have shot thousands of them in SP, a few in SR. I haven't chrony'd them (have chrony nib & still haven't used it) haven't experienced a failure to fire & they seem to be as or more accurate than I am.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

They work. I lose maybe 30-50 fps vs hotter primers, and they can be a bit hard if you've got a pistol that's on the reliability edge, but they work.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

I've found they don't crush as much compared to cci. I hand set primers on my single stage for 223 and found they are more forgiving if I misplace the primer by a hair and it fails to seat right away.

jstory

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2015
    Wabash

I bought roughly 30k this past summer and have had no complaints. I bought all mine when they were on sale for $20 or less per 1000.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom