• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Recently got a Rough Rider on a pretty great sale and thought it would be a fun yard gun.

Anyone get the magnum cylinder for their .22 rough rider?

Worth the swap?

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    someone may know more than me but they may or may not be a direct swap. i think u can go to there web site and do a sn search to see if it is.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I spent a whopping $107 on a new RR .22LR about a month ago now.

Definitely worth the $.

I will buy a .22Mag cylinder eventually. Because why not?

5/6 of my .22LR chambers are dead-nuts accurate from 7 yards (indoor ranges + my eyes + those "sights" on the guns means that I have trouble resolving at farther distances. In outdoor ambient light I might could see better), but I'd get 1 flyer out of the 6.

I'd also have some light strikes on old bulk ammo. Ran the cylinder again - and all the previous failures to fire did indeed go off.

Fun little guns - but rough. The cast(?) frame on mine almost seems like it's rusting in the sight channel. And it's kept in a humidity-controlled safe.

Bluing on the barrel is quite nice.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I paid $159 for mine years ago and it came with the. 22mag cyl. Like CM, I rarely use it but it is fun and worth having. These are fun little revolvers for plinking at cans

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I spent a whopping $107 on a new RR .22LR about a month ago now.

Definitely worth the $.

I will buy a .22Mag cylinder eventually. Because why not?

5/6 of my .22LR chambers are dead-nuts accurate from 7 yards (indoor ranges + my eyes + those "sights" on the guns means that I have trouble resolving at farther distances. In outdoor ambient light I might could see better), but I'd get 1 flyer out of the 6.

I'd also have some light strikes on old bulk ammo. Ran the cylinder again - and all the previous failures to fire did indeed go off.

Fun little guns - but rough. The cast(?) frame on mine almost seems like it's rusting in the sight channel. And it's kept in a humidity-controlled safe.

Bluing on the barrel is quite nice.
    CSB: Rough riders qualify as "Saturday Night Specials" and are banned in certain areas. The frame is pot metal, and that is one of the distinguishing features of those laws designed to cut down on crime by outlawing cheap pocket pistols.

I paid $159 for mine years ago and it came with the. 22mag cyl. Like CM, I rarely use it but it is fun and worth having. These are fun little revolvers for plinking at cans
    Its what gets my kids to the range. They couldnt care less about my other guns. Literally:
    Hey guys, want to go to the range today?
    No.
    I'll bring the Rough Rider....
    Oooh. Forgot about that. SURE!

They do like to fire many of my others, but they are now old enough I can send the two of them to a bay and they entertain themselves with that and their 10/22s for an hour or so.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    My daughter only wants to shoot the rough rider and occasionally one of the CZs. She calls this hers and I don’t totally disagree. When I want to be a cowboy I shoot my wrangler

In this one under 100 bucks View attachment 286288
    Do they have a bunch of different accessories for their revolvers now? Would my 30+ yo RR be able to use their new accessories, grips etc?

Thinking bigger grips for big hands.

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    Do they have a bunch of different accessories for their revolvers now? Would my 30+ yo RR be able to use their new accessories, grips etc?

Thinking bigger grips for big hands.
    I’m going to assume they haven’t really changed so I would think the grips would be just fine

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I’m going to assume they haven’t really changed so I would think the grips would be just fine
    The thing about my RR is all my children shot it learned how to shoot with it. It's not worth much, but it has a sentimental value, and I won't be selling it. Many of my firearms are just that as well. They shot them and want them handed down to them at some point.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Kids and I have put over a thousand rounds each through ours, love them. The 6 1/2" barreled models are a hoot and we were shooting shotgun hulls at 7 yards just laughing and enjoying time.

I do not use the WMR cylinders really as accuracy is not as good usually, it's not terrible though. Just no need for me typically, I sold my wrangler and kept the heritages.

Last edited:

Lj429

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2021
    Wheatfield
    Kids and I have put over a thousand rounds each through ours, love them. The 6 1/2" barreled models are a hoot and we were shooting shotgun hulls are 7 yards just laughing and enjoying time.

I do not use the WMR cylinders really as accuracy is not as good usually, it's not terrible though. Just no need for me typically, I sold my wrangler and kept the heritages.
    Love my 6.5 barrel . Did try the WMR but only for the critters. Otherwise just love going through some thunderbolt

Top Bottom