• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaymark6655

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Bloomington
    BTW actually cheaper to get the 22lr, inside the box there should be a piece of paper to purchase the 22mag cylinder. Doing that is a few $ cheaper than buying one with both cylinders.

BHiland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Brazil
    up to you. They are all good imo. I have had a few and currently have the 4.75" 6.5" ordered the new 2" and looking for the 3.5". For the price and reliability and accuracy I've had with them I can't seem to stop buying them. Also 22wmr interchangeable cylinder is a plus and lots of grip options online to buy to make it yours.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Longer barrel given its intended use...which is not CCW as already stated. And I agree with one of the posts on here about it balancing a tad better. Better yet...get both. Just picked one up "used"(unfired) for $100!

GoBoilers!

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    I picked the 6.5" model, and I am very happy with it. A great plinker and small game dispatcher. I do think the extra barrel length helps with accuracy, at least for me.
    Regarding the safety, the new models have the "safety" that when engaged prevents the hammer from contacting the firing pin, so I think it is safe to dry-fire with this safety on. It is not activated by the trigger. At least that is what I have been doing, unless I read the manual wrong.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have thought about these, but I'm pretty stuck on Ruger as the default for SA revolvers. I know the price delta is quite large. How do these stack up to the Ruger's?

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I have thought about these, but I'm pretty stuck on Ruger as the default for SA revolvers. I know the price delta is quite large. How do these stack up to the Ruger's?
    Comparing my Heritage Rough Rider to my Single Sixes the Heritage feels rather crudely finished and somewhat unrefined. Like you said there is a big difference in price.

But the Heritage is still a fun gun to shoot . After shooting the Heritage and the big honkin' 16" barrel I seem to shoot my normal length handguns better afterwards.

sescbo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    Lawrence County
    You can't go wrong with either one, but I'd go with the 6.5" for the reasons stated above. They are fun shooters & a great way to waste an afternoon.

Top Bottom