• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Regarding the Federal Reserve: He is unapologetic for this time spent as chairman of the elected board of officials of the Kansas City Federal Reserve. He instituted policy that attempted to reduce inflation and does not support the monetization policies of Bernanke.

Regarding the audit of the Federal Reserve. He is not against it, he just thinks there are better ways to spend time and money. It is not his top issue. His top issue is reducing taxes and reducing spending.

In that role, he wants to reduce cap gains tax to zero and to implement an actual payroll tax holiday in order to transition us to the National Sales tax from the income tax.

He also said he would only do that with an amendment to the constitution elminating the 16th amendment.

Without taking a narrow view of the guy, it's hard not to like him for POTUS.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I don't want a national sales tax. Tax the old fashioned way that our founders used, duties and custom taxes on imports. It will encourage domestic production and externalize all federal taxes from direct contact with the people.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Nothing like a protectionist trade war to kickstart the economy and raise the standard of living for everyone.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I don't like anyone to be spouting off reducing spending and reducing taxes. That sounds great but is pretty dumb in all reality. I realize anyone who says different will get crucified, but that's a pipe dream. If I want more disposable income in my budget at home I will spend less and take a pay cut?!?! That doesn't make any sense. At best promise no new taxes. To say they will cut taxes is pandering and not thinking about our national debt problem seriously.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I don't like anyone to be spouting off reducing spending and reducing taxes. That sounds great but is pretty dumb in all reality. I realize anyone who says different will get crucified, but that's a pipe dream. If I want more disposable income in my budget at home I will spend less and take a pay cut?!?! That doesn't make any sense. At best promise no new taxes. To say they will cut taxes is pandering and not thinking about our national debt problem seriously.

You're assuming that a cut in tax rate is the same as a cut in revenue. That isn't a valid assumption.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    We have a spending problem (too much) and a tax problem (too high, some hidden, and used for political/social purposes rather than simple revenue generation).

Top Bottom